Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone bought from iBuyPower?
Anyone bought from iBuyPower?
Just finished doing my taxes, and all I can say is: God DAMN! I love H&R Block! Got a bigger refund than I was expecting, and so I've set aside
$1200 for a new computer. After looking around, iBuyPower seems to give me the best bang for my buck as far as basic boxes go... Anyone dealt with them
before? Know anybody better? All my periphrials are good, just need the basic box. This one's being held together by add-ons and hope, and it's time
for something new. All comments/thoughts welcome Smile

-WFalling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead

if you've got the technical know-how to do it yourself, Newegg is my preferred path. iBuyPower is not a scam or fake storefront, that's all I can say
right now.

http://consumer.hardocp.c...=MTA4NywxLCxoY29uc3VtZXI=

per HardOCP (the only review site I read), these guys are jokers... but they don't have a follow-up review.

I'll try and hit up dell and see what I can squeak out of 'em for 1200$ tomorrow.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I've dealt with cyberpower.com but not ibuypower.com. As Wire said it is a legitimate store and I've seen it's ads in many PC zines. I have
bought from cyberpower before, can't say anything bad about them from my one experience with them. The PC arrived in working condition with very little
excess B.S. installed on it except windows XP and Nero.

-ZK
"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons."
-Chief Engineer Boris Kraus of Nuln
I have an iBuyPower notebook
I bought an iBuyPower notebook about a little over a year ago, for a deployment. It's held up decently well. About 2 hrs battery live w/o wireless on.
(Maybe 1 hour playing an MMO on wireless)

Performance wise, it's decent for the hardware, but not excellent. I get the feeling that high end components would get you a slightly better performing
system.

If you don't want to build a computer, this is a decent place to go.

That being said, if you're looking at a new desktop, take a look at buying components as well as buying systems.

Aren't there any local hobby/build shops in your area? Given, I'm in Canuckia, but more often than not I can get the same parts in a system that's
been built (physically) for me by a local store who has the patience and experitse to do it bette than me, for about the same cost when shipping is considered.