Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York Times introduces "best selling graphic novels" list.
New York Times introduces "best selling graphic novels" list.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nyt...books-best-seller-lists/

What's really sad is less that this is a serious attempt to be "hip and with it" and more the fact that the following list even exists:

Quote: Graphic Books Best Seller List (Manga)

1. Naruto, Vol. 38 by Masashi Kishimoto. (VIZ Media, $7.95.) The continuing adventures of the Naruto Uzumaki, young ninja in training.

2. Naruto, Vol. 40
by Masashi Kishimoto. (VIZ Media, $7.95.) Oh, Naruto, will you ever learn?

3. Naruto, Vol. 39 by Masashi Kishimoto. (VIZ Media, $7.95.) Oh, Naruto, will you ever learn?

4. Naruto, Vol. 41 by Masashi Kishimoto. (VIZ Media, $7.95.) Oh, Naruto, will you ever learn?

5. MPD-Psycho, Vol. 8 by Eiji Otsuka (Dark Horse, $12.95.) A police detective suffering from multiple personality disorder tracks down a
serial killer.

6. Naruto, Vol. 37 by Masashi Kishimoto. (VIZ Media, $7.95.) Oh, Naruto, will you ever learn?

7. Naruto, Vol. 35
by Masashi Kishimoto. (VIZ Media, $7.95.) Oh, Naruto, will you ever learn?

8. Naruto, Vol. 36 by Masashi Kishimoto. (VIZ Media, $7.95.) Oh, Naruto, will you ever learn?

9. Naruto, Vol. 34 by Masashi Kishimoto. (VIZ Media, $7.95.) Oh, Naruto, will you ever learn?

10. Eden, Vol. 11 by Hiroki Endo. (Dark Horse, $12.95.) Elijah lives in a not too distant future where humanity is threatened by a
virus.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

*snickers* I'll take Orange-Clad Ninjas for the win, Alex. Or at least, the money. Smile

There is, of course, a simple reason why Naruto appears so many times on that bestseller list.

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu
-- Acyl

In internet tradition: They're doing it wrong!

Honestly, manga when counting for the GN/C bestseller list should be done by series where possible, not individual volumes. Otherwise you end up with a list
like that reveling supply chain issues.