Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quote for the day -
Quote for the day -
"Oh look! The smoke grenades fit perfectly in the cup holders!"

*Shatters*

Where the heck did you dig that up at!? Big Grin

This weeks episode of Top Gear wherein Jeremy Clarkson does a "standard" road test of the Ford Fiesta by -
among other things - being chased by a Corvette through a shopping mall (Blues Brothers style).

The quote in question comes when Jeremy puts the Fiesta through it's paces as a landing craft.

No. I'm not making this up.

The Fiesta was loaded onto an amphibious landing boat and stormed the beach along with the British Marines.

The Fiesta plunges into the water. FLOATS until it gains purchase with it's tires, and rolls up onto the beach.

He had a couple of Marines with him and that's when they discovered the handy nature of the cup holders.

I was laughing almost too hard to breathe. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! ^_^

I so dearly love Top Gear.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Top Gear is the show that sold me on a Toyota truck if I ever buy any vehicle.

They put a Toyota truck found in a garbage dump on top of a building, blew up the building, and then drove the truck out of the wreckage.

---------------

Epsilon

Quote: Epsilon wrote:

Top Gear is the show that sold me on a Toyota truck if I ever buy any vehicle.

They put a Toyota truck found in a garbage dump on top of a building, blew up the building, and then drove the truck out of the wreckage.

---------------

Epsilon

That was the last thing they did to it too. If I remember right, they 1) drowned and subsequently lost the truck temporarily in a tide, then just changed the
spark plugs and it ran fine. 2) Drove it through a shed, and then smashed it with a wrecking ball. No repairs needed, still drove. 3) Doused it with gasoline
and set it on fire. Still ran. And finally, 4) stuck it on a building, demolished it via high explosives, and only needed to change the spark plugs and tighten
a few screws to get it running again.

Then they drove it's younger brother to the North Pole...

That was *incredible*! (The video is on YouTube.) Mine is only a year newer; I fully expect it to last until I no longer need a vehicle.

Found the clip. Fiesta in War.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

I think the best straight line from the full review was..

Question: "Is it green?"

Clarkson: "Yes." pause. "Very."

That show would be such a huge hit in America despite the fact that it's primarily about British makes. Now if the BBC would get that through their thick
heads, then maybe we could enjoy it here in the states without having to see it all grainy in Youtube.

Meh! That's not an new ep. Well, it might be to some as it was aired in the UK back in december, and available on Pirate Bay, the next day. However, I do
understand that the BBC World service does air cutdown split 30 min eps amongst the newsbreaks & stuff they show.

Or you could just fire up iTunes and grab the show from the iTunes Store. Apparently the episode with the Ford Fiestiva review (#6) is free for this week.

--Rod.H

So, uh, this is where I chime in to point out I've never seen Top Gear... and it sounds _awesome_.

(That link, by the way, it went poof.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Try searching for Top Gear on Hulu or BBC.co.uk ...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Fixed the link.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
BBCA?
What about BBCA? I thought that was on most basic cable or sat services these days. Top Gear is all over that channel (though I'm ashamed to admit I only
bother to catch it on rare occasion).