Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bit late with this but who cares
Bit late with this but who cares
In case anyone was wondering how the 20th went for me, just look at my latest post on my MySpace blog =P

http://blog.myspace.com/yumekochan

--Amanda
"Hey, it's not like dying is on my schedule for this week."
--Yumeko Asagiri, Bubblegum Crisis: The Next Generation, part 3

Looks like you held up well, all things considered.

And, yes, you and the other survivors should have gotten more than a couple of sentences in the speech. (The offer I made back on a.f.bgc back in the day is still open - if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll listen. It looks like you don't need it, but I haven't forgotten...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

That's severely fucked up. You know, when soldiers go in and come out of Iraq and Afghanistan, they get psych evals to check for PTSD. To brush aside
people that were not injured but sill had to live through that... It boggles the mind.

If you really wanna know what's messed up, if you read my blog closely you'll see I said I was, in all places, the library. Quite literally everyone
within a ten-foot radius of me was shot (the girl next to me, Kacey, lived. The others died). No one gives a crap about the kids who had to witness all that.
You're only "important" if you got shot, it seems. To heck with everyone else.

I don't like meds (especially after my experience with Zoloft withdrawal) but the Klonopin my doc prescribed for anxiety has been a godsend. I can get
through the day with my tremors at a minimum and without my mind being a million places at once.

--Amanda
"Hey, it's not like dying is on my schedule for this week."
--Yumeko Asagiri, Bubblegum Crisis: The Next Generation, part 3

I'm sorry, Amanda, I had meant to send you a note checking on how you were doing, but life here turned into a series of little disasters over the last
week, one night after another, taking up almost all of my time. I'm glad to see that you held up reasonably well, and especially that you had friends with
you. I was worrying about you being alone, and I'm happy to hear that you weren't.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.