Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken image link
Broken image link
On the Drunkard's Walk FAQ, there's a link to a crossover image.  It's being sent to an infinitely looping 404 page for some reason that I don't get.  The page is producing this lovely bit of recursive code:
-- ∇×V

Yeah, I bungled the code on the 404 page with a sloppy cut-and-paste from another page. I need to fix that.

The file is still there, I just renamed it "crossovers.jpg" to break the links that TVTropes has to it. And I have a modified FAQ file that I was going to upload a couple nights ago but didn't because of all the tsuris over my diabetes diagnosis.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Yeah, I bungled the code on the 404 page with a sloppy cut-and-paste from another page.
Or maybe I didn't.  That's very weird...  I have two 404 pages -- an HTML one and an SHTML one -- the HTML is supposed to just redirect to the SHTML one, which has the site menu, plus a couple things I was using server-side includes for.  The HTML one has the refresh directive,  not the SHTML one; I have no idea why it's getting caught in a loop.  Unless I need to make the path absolute and not relative...  I'll have to try that tonight when I get home.
-- Bob
---------

Oh, just for closure:

The image link was corrected in the version of the FAQ that got loaded on Friday 1 June. And at the same time I fixed the redirect in the HTML version of the 404 file, and now that works right too, finally. It did, in fact, need an absolute path.
-- Bob
---------