Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamato 2009
Yamato 2009
Trolling through youtube and saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKyc7630rYo

Seems Matsumoto and Nishizaki managed to pull through then. Seems to be set for a July release. The theme starting at 3:59 just makes chills run up my spine in
excitement.

Oh my GOD....

YES!!!! OH HELL YEAH!!!!

I have no idea what it is, but it looks pretty cool. I always like a good space anime, although I could nitpick on ship layout Wink
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

I', guessing it's a remake of 'Space Battleship Yamato'

Crimmy doesn't know it because he hates Leiji Matsumoto's work with a passion. Crim: It's much like Speed Racer and Astroboy in that it was anime
brought to the States and localized. Admittedly, the localization wasn't as bad as "Battle of the Planets..."

Try googling "Star Blazers" for English Language sites about it.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Ran will !@#$ a brick the size of Texas when he sees this.

That's no remake. With the year being 2220 and a 30s-40s'ish Kodai captaining, that's what we like to call a "sequel." Smile

...I'm hoping the eventual English release has two separate versions of the sub and dub tracks, so we can choose to watch it as Yamato or Star Blazers. ^.^

--Sam

"We'll fight the Comet Empire, battle through the raging fire..."