Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I didn't expect it to take me *all* afternoon...
I didn't expect it to take me *all* afternoon...
...but today I finally did up a brew bucket full of the best reconstruction of our "Copper Pipe" beer that Scott and I could come up with. In
addition to trying to recreate that wonder of ingredient substitution and improvisation, it's also a couple of firsts for me -- my first use of the brew
bucket and equipment I got as a gift two Christmases back, and my first solo brew from dried malt extract and actual malt instead of various malt syrups.

The Copper Pipe was easily the most popular beer I ever brewed, and when it turned out there would be a beer tasting at the annual mid-week party during our
week at LBI in July, Peggy's brothers all but begged me to make another batch. Which was a bit harder than it might seem, as it started as a recipe Scott
had worked up in his head, and then had to modify when my brewer's supply store didn't have all the right ingredients. Wish me luck.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

If you've gotten such acclaim for it, I'm sure it can't be to far from great.

I've a cousin who brews as a bit of a hobby, it takes some practice, but the results can be quite lovely. Perhaps the most interesting thing I've
learned, you can buy all the ingredients and brew legally under 21..

I'd drink one for luck, but I don't drink much. Enjoy yourself.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

I'm not a drinker (though I would, just once, give mead a try). Still, good luck.

(I just realized that that was a pun, and a bad one at that. Sorry for inflicting that on you all.)

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.