Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Battleship Yamato "Live Action"
Space Battleship Yamato "Live Action"
Aside from the obvious animation style in the brief character shots of Captain Avatar/Okita and Wildstar/Kodai, I'd say this is proof positive that an
absolutely STRAIGHT live action version of Star Blazers/Uchu Senkan Yamato would be THE BOMB!!!

( I HIGHLY recommend you watch the High def version on Youtube.)

Too bad this is only video for a pachinko machine...

EDIT: Ooohh!!!� Here's another
one! This one looks like what a version of the Yamato 2 (Star Blazers - Comet Empire) opening sequence might've been rendered in CG.

(EDIT again: for stupid de-linking tricks.)

Oh, wow.

I cut my anime teeth on Starblazers, and I still remember it fondly. This looks great. Pity it is, as you say, just for a pachinko machine.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Impressive. Very impressive. And nowadays we can devote that kind of CGI quality to a game?

Just as a side note, I'd like to point out that the space battle scene in Eric Flint's "sequel" to David Drake's Ranks of Bronze
proves that Flint, too, was a Yamato or Starblazers fan. For those who haven't read the story, the relevant passage is:

Again, there was an exotic combination of old and new technology. The three great turrets of the ancient battleship swiveled, just as if it were still sailing
the Pacific. But the guidance mechanisms were state-of-the-art Doge technology. And the incredible laser beams which pulsed out of each turret's three
retrofitted barrels were something new to the galaxy.... Only a ship as enormous as the old Missouri could use these lasers. It took an immense hull
capacity to hold the magnetic fusion bottles.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.