• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIAA BASTARDS!!!!!
RIAA BASTARDS!!!!!
FUCKFUCKFUCK FUCKITY FUCK!!!!

RIAA Wins
against Thomas-Rasset

Usenet tagged
as well by RIAA

As a point of reference and to give you a sense of scale, Air-France recently paid out $24,000 to families of victims in a recent crash.

So - 1 illegal download = 3.3 dead relatives.

In an attempt to find something positive about this, a poster on the Hero boards put it thusly:

"Was winning the worst thing that could happen to the RIAA?...

Since (the decision) at least 2 artists (Moby and Richard Marx) have publicly criticized both the decision and the record labels, and it appears
Mrs. Thomas-Rasset has every intention of dragging this out as long as possible, and probably hopes to get all the way to the Supreme Court.

...The RIAA, on the other hand, is apparently anxious to convince her to take a deal. They seem to be understandably concerned that $1.92 million for one
person sharing 24 songs makes them look pretty bad to the public. If there's one thing the RIAA has been good at it's controlling the perception that
file sharers take piles of money from them every year. They know that the longer this case drags out, the more likely a mainstream reporter decides to actually
do his job and question their numbers. Or worse, notices that the Justice Department lawyers arguing that they deserve that much money used to head their
litigation team."

All I can say is - there is a very special place in HELL waiting for these bastards.

Corporate America needs to be put in a hospice so it may finally die off quietly and leave us the feck alone.

As I pointed out before and will again:

You are not going to win this in the courts.

You want to promote sane copyright law? Get Congress to pass laws that are sane. I suggest finding and/or starting a lobbyist group towards that end. You will
need money, volunteers and political operatives.

Good luck.

-----------------

Epsilon