Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And You Thought Darth Vader on Electric Guitar Was Awesome...
And You Thought Darth Vader on Electric Guitar Was Awesome...
... I was reading Battle Angel Alita: Last Order when I saw this.

http://www.mangafox.com/m...t_order/v013/c088/2.html

Kishiro is completely insane and only in the best of all possible ways.

Ooh! Thanks! I didn't even know this was available! I'd been collecting the paper collections for years! But I'd gotten frustrated of late with the
slow production schedule of putting out new volumes. This is great!

And yes, Kishiro is WHACKED OUT. ^_^

BTW, is anyone doing Cannon God Exxaxion? They apparently stopped doing that one entirely and I need to find out what happened!

Quote: Logan Darklighter wrote:

Ooh! Thanks! I didn't even know this was available! I'd been collecting the paper collections for years! But I'd gotten frustrated of late with
the slow production schedule of putting out new volumes. This is great!

And yes, Kishiro is WHACKED OUT. ^_^

BTW, is anyone doing Cannon God Exxaxion? They apparently stopped doing that one entirely and I need to find out what happened!

It was going in Dark Horse Presents for a while, and then they published a prestige format/compilation a while back. I lost interest in the series.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I need a little Eaxxion
Hah! Pun! Funny, right? Heh heh. Heh. Hehhh.... okay, moving on. I'd love to pick up the rest of eXaXXion as well. I think Volume 5 was the last
one I ever managed to find. Amazon searches come up empty.

I'm having trouble understanding that picture..... Is that a Geth Husk on fire hatchet?

As for Cannon God Exxaxion, I think DH is focusing on Kenichi Sonoda's other work, Gunsmith Cats. To the point of shrink wrapping & applying warning
stickers. Ayep they're putting back in the European(read Swedish) movie content.

--Rod.H

Quote: Rod H wrote:

As for Cannon God Exxaxion, I think DH is focusing on Kenichi Sonoda's other work, Gunsmith Cats. To the point of shrink wrapping & applying warning
stickers. Ayep they're putting back in the European(read Swedish) movie content.

--Rod.H
And they can't get here fast enough. Gunsmith Cats Burst! is already two volumes ahead in Japan
compared to the US. And the cover of the next English volume is taunting me. Fucking Goldie's
back....but...how?
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote: Rod H wrote:

I'm having trouble understanding that picture..... Is that a Geth Husk on fire hatchet?
Well, I guess it is tough to follow for someone who hasn't been following the scanslations recently. Dark Hork really needs to get on the
ball with this series - they claim to have caught up, but Kishiro and his Japan-side publishers are trully leaving them behind in the dust.

As for the characters, they're all members of an ad-hoc Space Karate Alliance Team assembled by the Master of the School of Electromagnetic Space Karate,
Toji, who happens to be the drummer in this picture.

On guitar is Rakan of the Armor Piercing Karate school - he's known as an assasin for not only utilizing his depleated uranium fingertips, but also
equiping them with polonium injectors so that even a scratch from him is lethal. He is also known as a rapist (the guy is a PERVERT), but they have him around
because of his blinding speed.

The 'fire hatchet' is being manned by Master Taraba of the Super Crustaceous Karate. This man is a Karateka in the most traditional sense - reacting,
yet never on the defensive, and striking a killing blow only when it is called for. A most honorable man.

And on vocals you have Zekka, the Unstoppable Fist. He's known for squashing glass beer bottles so fast that the glass liquifies instantly and
resolidifies into a print of his palm - he gives these away like a celebrity would give out autographs (only if he's in a good enough mood though - he does
this to the head of a guy that annoyed him). He is the ultimate anarchist, recognizing no authority other than his own, and what's worse is that he has
the ability to back it up. I've yet to see him and Alita fight, but he went up against Sechs in a match of, of all things, thumb wrestling! Guess who got
pwned royally? (Sechs had the last laugh, though, when he used his smaller self to vandalize Zekka's motorcycle when he was all caught up in the thumb
wrestling match. Of course, Sechs got pounded through several decks for his trouble.)

To sum up: what we have here is a bunch of posthuman martial arts masters ROCKING THE HELL OUT. Smile

--Sam

"Sidekicks don't kiss!"

Quote: OpMegs wrote:

Quote: And they can't get here fast enough. Gunsmith Cats Burst! is already two volumes ahead in Japan compared to the
US. And the cover of the next English volume is taunting me. Fucking Goldie's
back....but...how?

She is? Well, if I recall, she did not die in the end. I
beleive she had memory loss. So her return is possible.

But yeah, I would REALLY like Dark Horse to get off their ass and release more GSC, which is, by far, my all time favorite manga. I'm even rebuying the
compiled bersions to get the added bits.

Quote: Baseload wrote:

Quote: OpMegs wrote:

Quote: And they can't get here fast enough. Gunsmith Cats Burst! is already two volumes ahead in Japan compared to
the US. And the cover of the next English volume is taunting me. Fucking Goldie's
back....but...how?

She is? Well, if I recall, she did not die in the end. I
beleive she had memory loss. So her return is possible.
Like I said, I dunno any details. The cover's on Amazon since the next volume(releasing in September, dammit) is up for pre-order.

Beyond that, I see nothingk, know nothingk!
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."