Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G.I Joe the movie?
G.I Joe the movie?
Thumbs up or down? I haven't seen it yet. A friend's kid gave thumbs up, but I need a more senior opinion.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Just got out of the movie, and I have to say 'Thumb's up!'.

This warrants a question: Which fodder are you going to claim it is most faithful to? Comic or Cartoon.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Haven't seen it yet, but they retained Larry Hama as creative consultant, implying that they were aiming more for his comic than the toon. Which is what
I'm hoping for.

I know they used Destro's common-canon backstory, but is Cobra Commander a former used car salesman or the secret agent of a prehuman civilization?

--Sam

"Empty your bladder of that bitter, black urine they call coffee! It has its price and that price has been paid! ...Java devil, you are now my
bitch."

I saw it today and I thought it was pretty good. There were several bits that reminded me of various comic storylines. And Cobra Commander (who only takes on
the title near the end) is actually neither of the two aforemention possibilities. Closer to the former than the latter though. 8P

A different opinion. My neighbors saw it. The 10 year old loved it. The dad said it was your typical summer movie, lots of fight scenes, made to appeal to
teenage boys and sell toys.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

Quote: Jeanne Hedge wrote:

A different opinion. My neighbors saw it. The 10 year old loved it. The dad said it was your typical summer movie, lots of fight scenes, made to appeal to
teenage boys and sell toys.

You say that like it's a bad thing. ^_^

Ballad of GI Joe

I'd've rather had the cast of this version Wink
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- Albert Einstein

Saw it, loved it, longer review up on my LJ.
Smile

--Sam

"If you're so evil -- EAT THIS KITTEN!"