Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battletech's 25th year anniversity!
Battletech's 25th year anniversity!
Since I didn't see this anywhere else on here. . . .

The Battletech Universe is celebrating it's 25th year! The new RPG for the game is being written and should be out soon! Why am I bothering to do this?
Well, I am a published Battletech Author (via the Battlecorps subscription website), and I am pimping this universe...B-)

Right now, the Word of Blake, fanical techo-worshipers are running roughshod over four of the five major Sucessor state's capital and have wreaking havoc
with nearly everyone else. The Clans are having their own problems, the Free Worlds League is showing signs of fracturing, and the dreaded Manei Domini part of
the WOB are stalking all, killing those who would interfer with their Master's plans.

In other words, business as usual in the Inner Sphere.....B-)

Craig

Craig... Craig Hinton?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:the Word of Blake
There wouldn't happen to be seven of these folks, would there?
Quote:Craig Hinton?
I don't think so...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Yeah. Mixing up my Craig's. Craig Hinton writes for Doctor Who, not Battletech. Smile

Just dropped in on Battlecorps and read Snipe Hunt. Nice piece. Smile I'll have to dig deeper and see what else you've got there.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

The Turbo-Turtle is Craig Reed, isn't he?
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Indeed he is.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Speaking of Battletech.

MOST HILARIOUS COOLEST MERC OUTFIT EVER.

Quote:REED’S BREW:

MORE FILLING, LESS FLAVOR

As the Federated Commonwealth fed unit after unit into the meat grinder of the Clan Invasion, individuals began to realize that following their orders was effectively a death sentence. Several soldiers ordered to the front banded together and fled to the Periphery. Calling themselves “Reed’s Brew” after their commander, Burly Reed (and his legendary affinity for alcohol), this handful of deserters made their way to the Circinis Federation, where they immediately found work bolstering the Black Warriors.

The Brew was happy for the most part with their assignment to Clayborne II, with the sole difficulty being the lack of adequate beer. Quite vocal about this drawback, Burly Reed was finally told by one of his many bartenders in 3056 that if he was not satisfied, he should go and brew his own. That’s exactly what Reed did.

By 3060, “Reed’s Beer Brew” had become the most purchased beer in the Circinis Federation. Though still legally under contract to the Federation, Reed’s mercenaries became more of a corporate entity, providing security to Reed’s own massive brewery and the nearby cities at their leisure and enlisting more soldiers to protect their modest facilities elsewhere. As a combat unit, the Brew did not see much action until the Marian Hegemony invasion of 3066, when a brief raid by Marian forces near the brewery forced the mercenaries into a battle that claimed Major Reed’s life. His younger brother, Lucas ”Hurly” Reed took control of both the command and the brewery, and decided that not only were the tensions between the Periphery powers more than he was comfortable with, but that Reed’s Beer Brew had reached the point where it should expand its market. After several weeks of deliberations, Lucas and his staff decided to open up a second facility on Galatea as soon as their contract expired in early 3067.

Though popular in the poor Circinus Federation, Reed’s Beer Brew has only struggled alongside the more established brands found on the Mercenary’s Star. To cover all the expenses in moving and building a new state-of-the-art facility, Major Reed has had to move his unit from brewery security back to traditional mercenary operations. Unfortunately, lack of combat experience over the past few years has withered their Dragoons and experience ratings, preventing any employer from taking them seriously. The Brew thus remains unemployed at this time.

Reed’s Brew’s parade colors are dark blue with red highlights. Their insignia is an Atlas toasting with an overflowing mug of beer.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

New on BattleCorps: Jason Hansa's Three Points of Pride, a vignette from the Ghost Bear conquest of Sheliak.

The original sourcebook made only a brief mention of Sheliak, noting that the locals were maniacs for American Football. Knowing that they couldn't beat the Ghost Bears mech to mech, they challenged the Clanners to a football game for possession of the planet. They were not prepared for playing against elementals... and lost 84-3.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.