Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supernatural Con Vancouver
Supernatural Con Vancouver
So, this weekend, I was at a convention for the TV show Supernatural, run by Creation. My wife is a *huge* fan and I went along.

Some observations from my previous con experience (anime, mostly):

1) The WAITING. As a Gold or Silver attendee, you got autographs. Depending on the star (and how strict their security was) it was anywhere from TWO to FIVE
hours wait, and they did them in order of tickets.

2) The vendor's room is lackluster in comparison to the anime ones I've been at. It was all stuff you could buy on Creation's site.

3) Creation treats the fans like shit, pardon my language.

4) There really wasn't much to do. Go to a panel, wait for the autograph, wait for the next panel, repeat. All one room.

5) Did I mention the waiting?

Notes on the guests:

1) AJ Buckley and Travis Wester (who played the Ghostfacers) are entertaining.

2) Jared Padelecki and Jensen Ackles are clearly worked to the bone, and are good sports for their fans.

3) Misha Collins is a twisted, strange, funny man.

4) Jim Beaver is awesome.

Notes as a GUY:

1) Ye gods, the estrogen. Women to Man ratio was easily 30 to 1.

2) Apparently, my physical archetype for what I find attractive is sci-fi fangirl. (Busty, hippy, not very tall, a little padding all over.)

3) Gentlemen, if you're single and with me on #2 there, you need to take notice of #1. Wow.

You're a braver man then me, mate. Thanks for the report though, I am indeed a follower of guy note number two, and have a selection of female friends who
would gladly jump at the chance to come along to a Supernatural Con, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out in the future.