Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Got Fired Today

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

...and my resume/application is now going to be submitted for a vice president position at a major investment bank which shall for the moment
remain nameless --

It's GENOM, before they go through a paradigm shift to technology.

Joking aside, good luck. We're all pulling for you.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Herr Bad Moon Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:...and my resume/application is now going to be submitted for a vice president position at a major investment bank which shall for the moment remain nameless --
It's GENOM, before they go through a paradigm shift to technology.
"Brian J. Mason"

"Robert M. Schroeck"

They do have the same rhythm, don't they?

Herr Bad Moon Wrote:Joking aside, good luck. We're all pulling for you.
Likewise!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Ganbatte yo! -- Viel Gluck! -- Bonne Chance!

GOOD LUCK!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

No word back from that particular recruiter yet, nor from the HR girl at the consulting firm. If I don't hear from either today, I'll be doing some
phoning come Monday.

And thank you all. The new year seems to be bringing with it many more opportunities than the previous four months offered me.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Called and emailed both. No response back yet. Grrr.

Found an amusing joblisting on LinkedIn. Allow me to excerpt:
Quote:Sick of hearing about Java and .Net? Bored at work? Tired of bureaucracy and corporate bullshit? We have the medicine. Try the fun and exciting world of peer to peer content distribution. Work on tough theoretical and practical problems, in unconventional software stacks, with real languages, like C. No pluses, even.

What are some good indicators this is the job for you?

* You can appreciate the humor in Gnutella's architecture. Comparatively, Freenet is fascinating.

* Gcc is your bitch.

* You enjoy solving complicated problems by thinking about them (as much as experimenting, debugging, or throwing things at the wall is fun too).

* You know TCP/IP down to the bits. Packet sniffers used to be fun, now they're boring.

* You know how not to destroy your MySQL while still running hundreds of statements per second.

If this sounds like you, give us a call. Why write boring code when you don't have to? Smile
Sadly, it doesn't sound like me. But it sounds like a great place to work.
ETA:  They're in the greater NY area; if anyone is actually interested, drop me a line and I'll forward you the full listing.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.