Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 22: Pushing it over the Hedge.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(10-16-2018, 09:51 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]We've replaced Frank Capra with Frank Zappa.  Let's see what happens to George Bailey on Christmas...

Whatever happens, I'm sure it's a wonderful musical.
We've replaced Usagi, the Moon Princess with Xena, the Warrior Princess. Let's see if anybody notices.
Sailor Uranus will have competition.
When Sawako Yamanaka gets the chance to revive her old band Death Devil, she needs someone to take over her classes and the advisorship for the Light Music Club. Fortunately, a friend of a friend from America is in Japan and is willing to take on the position -- a fellow by the name of Dewey Finn.

K-On!/School of Rock -- where Light Music meets Heavy Metal.
That sounds like a Should Be to me, Bob.

How about Ben Grimm and company meets Dewey Finn in The Fantastic School of Rock?
<vbg>
Ben Grimm and Ron Lithgow take music lessons from Dewey Finn would be a better School of Rocks
Subtract Dewey Finn, add Dwayne Johnson...
Here we are at Folgers' Fanfic Laboratories, where we've swapped Matilda and Mathilda. Let's see what happens to who.
John Whorfin, Warlord of Mars
Just posted this as an explanatory example to the There's Nothing Better forum, and realized it's a CTSNB.
The fastest pony in Friendship Is Magic gets sent to The Village, in Rainbow Six
(10-26-2018, 03:58 PM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]The fastest pony in Friendship Is Magic gets sent to The Village, in Rainbow Six
Don't you mean Rainbow (Not) Six?
Because the Rainbow six team would destroy the Village. Wich I would like to see.
"Who is Number One?"
"You are Number Six."
Hence, Rainbow Six.

Although Tom Clancy';s team vs. Rover would be worth watching... from a safe distance.
Is it wrong of me that I just had the horrific notion for a Village-themed cologne, "Love Potion #6"?
We've secretly replaced Philip J. Fry with Kaylee Frye. Let's see whether anyone notices (besides Stephen Fry, of course).
Or Frylock
"Frankly, Miss Granger, I don't give a damn."
-- Gone with the Wand
The Wands of War:  Herman Wouk's untold (that is, more detail than Rowling gave it) epic of Albus Dumbledore, Gellert Grindelwald, and millions of Muggle red-shirts in the early 1940s.
"Damnit, Jem, I'm a doctor, not a backup singer!"
- Jem and the Emergency Medical Holograms
(11-03-2018, 05:19 PM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]"Damnit, Jem, I'm a doctor, not a backup singer!"

I look at this and I can only see my guiding question for attempting a BattleTech story.
'But what is the most 80s way possible we could do that?'
On that basis, Voyager isn't Lost in Space. It's a Road Trip.
Possibly they beat the Borg in a battle of the bands. Not sure about that yet.
We've switched Ami Mizuno (Sailor Moon) with Umi Ryuuzaki (Magic Knight Rayearth).  Let's see what happens next in both continuities...
robkelk Wrote:"Damnit, Jem, I'm a doctor, not a backup singer!"

That one was truly outrageous, Rob

Tennie Wrote:We've switched Ami Mizuno (Sailor Moon) with Umi Ryuuzaki (Magic Knight Rayearth).  Let's see what happens next in both continuities...
Is the reason that this should not be is that it would be boring, or is it because Dave Letterman would do an Umi-Ami joke?  Those two stories are close enough in scope and tone that I'd consider them a natural crossover; the only difference would be that when Ami got back home, she'd be fighting Nehelenia in a giant mecha.  Unless the rest of the Senshi manage to Sailor Teleport into Cephiro, which means that saving Emeraude is back on the table.

The should-not-be swap that's obviously here is replacing Esmeraude of the Black Moon Clan with Princess Emeraude of Cephiro.
(11-04-2018, 03:02 PM)Labster Wrote: [ -> ]Is the reason that this should not be is that it would be boring, or is it because Dave Letterman would do an Umi-Ami joke?  Those two stories are close enough in scope and tone that I'd consider them a natural crossover; the only difference would be that when Ami got back home, she'd be fighting Nehelenia in a giant mecha.  Unless the rest of the Senshi manage to Sailor Teleport into Cephiro, which means that saving Emeraude is back on the table.

The should-not-be swap that's obviously here is replacing Esmeraude of the Black Moon Clan with Princess Emeraude of Cephiro.

Sorry about that, I meant to post it in the "Should Be" thread, but accidentally posted it here. My bad. *Shrug*
Make The Last Starfighter a series, put Aseops in every installment, and every sweeps period you'll get A Very Special Death Blossom.
One of them's a genius, the pony's insane.
Pinkie Pie and the Brain

"Brain and Brain. What is Brain?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12