Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 25 - A Quarter-Century of Bad Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(11-24-2021, 03:44 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Zaphod Beetlejuice

This character should have three heads and possibly a middle name.
(Well, its one month before the day -- so we're good. I was going to post this right after Remembrance Day, but then I told myself "the Americans still have another holiday in November - post this now and yule be sorry...")

Two and a Half Wise Men

Bringing gold, frankincense, and ... mirth?
Not sure whether this is "Should" or "Should Not", but the canon character dynamic gets messed up here, so I'm posting it here.

For those who don't get the reference, it's riffing off of one of the seminal stills from the fate games. She's asking the question that goes with that scene: "I ask you, are you my master?"

[Image: __fate_testarossa_and_takamachi_nanoha_f...d78d6f.jpg]
(11-29-2021, 01:02 PM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]For those who don't get the reference, it's riffing off of one of the seminal stills from the fate games. She's asking the question that goes with that scene: "I ask you, are you my master?"

She's also asking in pure Chinese rather than the canon Japanese-English mix, which adds another level of complication to it... especially since she's using a kanji/hanzi combination whose meaning in Japanese is "husband," but can mean something closer to "owner" in Chinese.

("Master" or "Host" are other possible translations for that in Chinese. Still.)

Then again, it's a bit simple and open-ended for a detailed analysis of how minor linguistic issues can change the subtexts, especially since my Chinese is generally pretty terrible.
Yes Fate, you are her waifu. Millions of shippers agree.
(01-29-2021, 08:44 AM)Tennie Wrote: [ -> ]Yoshi's Island/Gilligan's Island/Monkey Island.

Any suggestions as to how this one might play out?

I don't know; I just noticed this post looked like it was Lost.
We've secretly replaced Dan Hibiki with Ryoga Hibiki. Let's see whether anybody notices before Ran Hibiki tells everyone.
"I guess you guys aren't ready for 'Fuwa Fuwa Time' yet. But your grandkids are gonna love it."

[Image: __hirasawa_yui_and_marty_mcfly_k_on_and_...051614.jpg]

(Source)
In another world, the ship would have arrived in a place and time where the boy inside would be adopted by a childless couple and raised on their farm, in time becoming a champion of the slightly old-fashioned, optimistic ideals they instilled in him.

This, however, is not that world. He grows up along side brothers, one older and one younger, and they're no less so for his inky blue-black and fair skin between their gold and tan.

In any world, Superman will always be a force of hope.

For Truth, justice, and the Amestrian way!

Honestly, it's just that last line that cements the idea's place here, but that much it most certainly does.
In this corner, Caster from Fate/stay night, with her Noble Phantasm Rule Breaker, a dagger which can dispel any magic on anything it pierces, including magical contracts.

And in this corner, Kamijo Touma from A Certain Magical Index, with his ability Imagine Breaker, which can dispel any magic on anything he can touch with his right hand.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.
It would likely be a bad idea on both sides to replace Luna the cat from Sailor Moon with Loona the hellhound from Helluva Boss.
(05-08-2021, 10:19 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]One wonders whether Luna Lovegood has a more famous sister named Celestia.

(12-19-2021, 09:45 PM)Shepherd Wrote: [ -> ]It would likely be a bad idea on both sides to replace Luna the cat from Sailor Moon with Loona the hellhound from Helluva Boss.

Nothing to add, I just thought these two belonged together for some reason. Can't imagine why.

EDIT: No, wait - rule 63 as applied to Drunkard's Walk. Luna Toons.
Luna Toons was a City of Heroes character I created something like fifteen years ago on the original COH, the alternate-universe daughter of Doug and Maggie, partly inspired by Luna Schroeck from Fenspace...

EDIT: Or was it the other way 'round? Now I can't remember.
A Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar and Ghostbusters

"Tell him about the twinkle."
"What about the twinkle?"
I wonder, if Luna is wandering around Tokyo, would she actually need to look for a Moon Princess?
"Oh, you got trouble,
Right here in River City,
With a capital 'T',
And that rhymes with 'Z',
And that stands for 'Zuul'!"

(The Music Man/Ghostbusters)
But I could totally see Peter singing that... does that mean Dana is his shaboopie?

Now, if the Z stood for "Zords" and it was and attempt by Rita & co. to turn public opinion against the Power Rangers ...
Tsubasa: Reservoir Dogs
Ouran High School Hair Club for Men
Today, we've connected the worlds of Danganronpa and Boku no Hero Academia. Which super-intelligent yet animalistic high school principal will prevail?
Not sure whether these Sailor Moon crossovers noticed on pixiv are Should Be or Should Not Be. Links because pixiv doesn't allow embedding: Puella Magica Chibiusa, Neon Genesis Mercury, Cardcaptor Hotaru, Kaitou Saint Jupiter, and Revolutionary Girl Haruka.
My Friend Frigga
Harold and Maude Go to White Castle
One world is "bleak and dying", home to "a pitch-black apocalyptic fantasy RPG about lost souls and fools seeking redemption, forgiveness or the last remaining riches".

The other "juxtaposes the tropes of high fantasy with our relationship with domestic dogs", dogs who have built their own civilization after the departure of masterful Man, "pioneers that explore lost ruins in search of relics, knowledge, and danger."

If you could put these opposites together, you'd get what my brain could only call... MÖRK PUG.

ADDENDUM: Not to be confused with DUKK BÖRG, a whole different puddle of fish.
(12-29-2021, 07:32 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure whether these Sailor Moon crossovers noticed on pixiv are Should Be or Should Not Be. Links because pixiv doesn't allow embedding: Puella Magica Chibiusa, Neon Genesis Mercury, Cardcaptor Hotaru, Kaitou Saint Jupiter, and Revolutionary Girl Haruka.
I mean, Haruka and Shinji are both voiced by Megumi Ogata. Why not put everyone's favorite bishie butch in a giant robot? She'd probably beat up Gendo in like the first five seconds of them meeting, flirt with Misato aggressively... yeah, I like this already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13