Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 25 - A Quarter-Century of Bad Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The first season of Cardcaptor Sakura was a "Gotta Catch 'Em All" plot, right?

[Image: __ditto_pokemon_and_1_more_drawn_by_rick...c50cda.png]

Source

[Image: __froslass_pokemon_and_1_more_drawn_by_y...553b2c.jpg]

Source
Needing money to fund her takeover of the world, Squid Girl joins the Squid Game...
We've secretly replaced Fred Rogers with Stan Rogers. Let's see how many kids start singing.
You Are (Not) Already Dead.

(Fist of the North Star/Rebuild of Evangelion.)
We’ve replaced Norville Rogers with Steve Rogers. Those ‘ghosts’ are in a lot of trouble.....
Disney's Encanto is a music-filled story about a family in which (almost) everyone has their own unique magical powers, derived from the power of their family bonds. As the story goes on, the family learns that what's truly important isn't their individual powers, but rather the bonds that tie them together... because family is the greatest magic of all!

Many of the characters even get their own musical themes!

... oh, wait. Haven't I seen that before?

And now I'm imagining a mashup of "We Don't Talk About Bruno" and the Wolzard theme.

Edit: And now I'm imagining what the Casitazord would be like.
Hm... I kinda already did that one, sort of. In spirit maybe? In one of my "let's make a video game" bout s of over-optimism for the one that was "let's cross WWII with Macross" one of the encounter outlines for an enemy-side mission was to play as the recurring boss ace as she takes part in Operation Walkure plot to assassinate Hitler, arriving at the Wolf's Den with a new prototype wunderwaffen unit nominally to demonstrate it. However, Eva Braun turns out to be probably the world's strongest telekinetic (every mecha pilot is, electronic amplification of it is how the units can move and why Conventional Weapons Are Useless) and out walking the dog at just the right time to be the opponent, with her style of running around on self-created platforms and throwing big chunks of stuff based on an ice-using boss from Metroid ... Prime? Maybe? that I'd seen some clips from on Youtube recently prior.

Perhaps it doesn't count if there's no musical number at the same time? Though, lol, Macross. It was before Frozen was released anyway, so more a confluence of themes and influences at most, I suppose.
(02-12-2022, 12:12 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it doesn't count if there's no musical number at the same time? Though, lol, Macross. It was before Frozen was released anyway, so more a confluence of themes and influences at most, I suppose.

Great, and now I can't help but imagine what a Macross/Frozen crossover would be like! Big Grin
Well, I've seen Battletech/Frozen (It's on SB, though I don't remember the title) and while it's still in my unread list it didn't look too much like it belonged in this thread...
You mean this?

The Ice Duchess of the Federated Commonwealth

That's because it's a Crossover that makes you go 'huh, that actually works'. Mostly in the execution, to be honest. Because let's be fair, while there's plenty of crossovers that shouldn't be, there are others that can be if the writer's good.
(02-12-2022, 02:27 PM)hazard Wrote: [ -> ]You mean this?

The Ice Duchess of the Federated Commonwealth

That's because it's a Crossover that makes you go 'huh, that actually works'. Mostly in the execution, to be honest. Because let's be fair, while there's plenty of crossovers that shouldn't be, there are others that can be if the writer's good.

As demonstrated on several occasions by the EPU team Cool
So... Kirby has a new ability in the new game Kirby and the Forgotten Land: "Mouthful Mode"

Non-embedded

Of course the fan artists have already noticed this... and come up with some Crossovers That Should Not Be. (All of these have larger versions at their "Source" links.)

[Image: __kirby_and_batman_kirby_and_3_more_draw...b85e5a.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kirby_and_thomas_the_tank_engine_kirby...40f165.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kirby_and_rx_78_2_gundam_and_3_more_dr...01cda6.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kirby_and_eva_01_neon_genesis_evangeli...b80c89.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kirby_kirby_and_1_more_drawn_by_mozuku...26b3fc.jpg]

Source
The Elder Skrulls
We've secretly replaced Control from Princess Principal with Control from Get Smart, and vice versa. Let's see whether any of the field agents notice.
There are two types of people who are never seen without their helmets.

Mandalorians.

Judge Dredd.
Overbaywatch
Overbaywatch City Rollers
Sid & Marty Krofft Presents the Overbaywatch City Rollers Superstar Hour?
Kamen Rider Ryoga Hibiki
(02-24-2022, 10:51 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]Kamen Rider Ryoga Hibiki

* robkelk pictures a transformation sequence that results in a little black pig on a motorcycle
(02-24-2022, 12:17 PM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]

* robkelk pictures a transformation sequence that results in a little black pig on a motorcycle

...that has no idea where it's going.
(02-24-2022, 02:02 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2022, 12:17 PM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]

...that has no idea where it's going.

That always shows up to every fight… except the ones against his arch-nemesis.
RWBY and the original Star Trek

"Lieutenant Commander Gary Mitchell... you have silver eyes."
(02-11-2022, 09:44 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=366]

I know I'm a little late to this party but I could totally see Anna and Elsa at Kuromorimine, driving tanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13