Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Quote:
So, has anyone mentioned "Touched by an Eva" yet?
This one is from the late "The Food Court" site:
[Image: tv06lu7.jpg]
Today's "Just because of name similarity" idea:
Elite Beat Agent Escalayer
(Having no clear idea what EBA is about, I have no idea what this would be about either...)
Suggested cast list for Haruhi-chan in Wonderland:
Skateboarding bunnygirl - Yuki
The door - Tsuruya (I'm sure she'd find it highly amusing.)
Mad Hatter and the other two people with her who I can't remember - Mikuru, Onna-Itsuki, Onna-Kyon (not necessarily in that order)
Red Queen - Ryoko (Runs away from Haruhi!)
... I can't remember who else there is. '.' (And I'd rather not imagine Imouto-chan involved in this, thank you.)
Quote:
I think this image speaks for itself.
That's... kind of scary really. (And by "kind of", I mean very.)
-Morgan, doesn't recognize half those people.
"No Trespassing. Prosecutors will be violated."

Sirrocco

Dormouse and March Hare.
Violaters will be trespassed upon?
Quote:
Quote:
That's... kind of scary really. (And by "kind of", I mean very.)
Oh no... This speaks of great volumes of vastly amusing insanity, hijinks, action, and romantic drama.
BRING IT ON!!!![Image: grin.gif]D">
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

Quote:
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's Those Who Hunt Space Elves.
Eyrie did it first in a throwaway gag in one of the NXE omake supplements, but I just have to mention:
Those Who Hunt Elvis
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Quote:
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
hmm, I can only identify 4 of the animes in that picture (NGE, Cowboy Bebop, GitS, and Trigun)__________________
We are not ninjas, we are a hedge. Please move along.

CattyNebulart

I'm shocked that you don't recognize Char from the original gundam.
Or the Furer from Full Metal Alchemist.
What about the Haruni characters?
You can be forgiven for not knowing the Tsukihime characters, but Doremon in the lower right corner?
Althoiugh I must addmit that those of the left of the Furer are unknown to me ass well.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Judging by Haruhi's confused expression, whatever's going on is all her fault. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"Beware the other head of science, Arthur! It bites."
Is there a fic associated with this image? If so, I have an overwhelming compulsion to read it. If not, then...
*dramatic pause*
Who wants to make it a forum-wide collaborative effort? [Image: grin.gif]D">
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

Sirrocco

Not her *fault* so much - just her doing. Haruhi looked like she was getting bored. In a moment of desperation, someone made the profound tactical error of lending her their manga library. The rest followed naturally.
Lets see. I recognize the Shinji/Asuka, City Hunter (I think) and Kamen Rider (the locust) in addition to those already mentioned, but the giant bizarrely deformed head is just beyond me.
Also, a late entry excerpted from the NaNoWriCo thread.
"The Alliance couldn't be any more invincible if they had Justy Tylor, Miles Vorkosigan, Monkey D. Luffy and Phantom F. Harlock on the bridge."
There you go. Right there. Give me a crossover - Any crossover, with a ship - Any ship at all, that has *those* four at the helm *all at once*.
Also...
Captain Harlock. The Ghost Who Captains A Starship.
(Perfect adversary for Borg of the Jungle, no?)
Quote:
Also, a late entry excerpted from the NaNoWriCo thread.
"The Alliance couldn't be any more invincible if they had Justy Tylor, Miles Vorkosigan, Monkey D. Luffy and Phantom F. Harlock on the bridge."
There you go. Right there. Give me a crossover - Any crossover, with a ship - Any ship at all, that has *those* four at the helm *all at once*.
The ship in question is Dahak.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:
Lets see. I recognize the Shinji/Asuka, City Hunter (I think) and Kamen Rider (the locust) in addition to those already mentioned, but the giant bizarrely deformed head is just beyond me.
Whatever he is, he's on the cover of Yuki's manga. Motemote something? He also appears to be wearing a Zeon uniform.
That's Basara from Macross 7 in the upper right, next to Mokoto.
Quote:
The ship in question is Dahak.
I hear the distinctive sound of every villain in the multiverse running away.
--Sam
"SPOON!"
Quote:
I'm now imagining those four with some sort of rowboat...
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
There was, IIRC, a songfic where Honor Harrington and Miles Vorkosigan join forces.*
There is also a fanfic where Vash the Stampede, Justy Ueki Tylor and Ranma Saotome are good friends.

* Although this would be even niftier if Jaime Retief of the Corps Diplomatique d' Terre and James Bolivar diGriz had joined in.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Morgan Wrote
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>"The Alliance couldn't be any more invincible if they had Justy Tylor, Miles Vorkosigan, Monkey D. Luffy and Phantom F. Harlock on the bridge."
>>There you go. Right there. Give me a crossover - Any crossover, with a ship - Any ship at all, that has *those* four at the helm *all at once*.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>I'm now imagining those four with some sort of rowboat...
You gave them a *rowboat*?! Dear gods! You should have stuck them with a raft. At most, a Canoe. With a Rowboat, we're all utterly hosed - they'll be ruleing the universe in an hour...

Sirrocco

See... I guess I was seeing things a bit differently. After all, I just said that they were all at the helm. I didn't say they were working *well* together.
Miles has a mission - something that he needs to get done on behalf of Barrayar.
Harlock is less than pleased about letting "his" ship be taken over by some upstart, runty little noble.
Our man Justy is in full-blown "He's an idiot, right? I'm absolutely sure of it. That man's an idiot." mode, which surely endears the others to him no end.
Monkey is... well, he's a D. You know how *they* are.
Sure, once you managed to work the kinks out of the system, the sheer power of the combined Main Character Cards would overwhelm any conceivable opposition, but it wouldn't neccessarily be smooth sailing at first.
Quote:
There was, IIRC, a songfic where Honor Harrington and Miles Vorkosigan join forces.*
Linkum, please?
Oh, and I'm not sure this one belongs on this particular list, but it tickles my fancy, and I thought I'd get it out there, since my muse is taking her own sweet time about kicking my arse into working on the fic I already have.

Quote:
"Saotome Ranma? Takamachi Nanoha? You're on the Global Frequency."

--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Perhaps combine the two ideas, and have them working at cross purposes on a rowboat...
Today's random name-inspired idea: Neverwhere Nights
-Morgan. No, I don't know what that would be either.
"No trespassing. Violators will be percolated."
Another one, inspired by
a piece of fanart given to me for Christmas:
Azumanga or Die-oh
Secret agents with control over paper do the same humdrum, day-to-day things that anybody else might do...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
> Linkum, please?
suburbanbanshee.net/filk/...rossin.txt
D for Drakensis

Those who hunt Space Elves?
Take out the Humankind Empire Abh.
Replace with the Eldar from Warhammer 40,000.

Sirrocco

Pants the Death Jester!

Sirrocco

B.J. Baracus
Mash/the A-Team
"Beginning today, all of you are real ninja - but you are still merely rookie genin. The hard part has just started. Now, you will soon be assigned duties by the village, so today we will be creating the three-man teams... and each team will have a Jounin as sensei. You will follow that sensei's instructions as you complete the assigned duties." Umino Iruka paused and looked out over his latest class of students, then coughed into his fist quietly and began to read through the list of teams, eventually reaching...
"Team Seven - Ayanami Rei, Soryu-Langley Asuka, and Ikari Shinji. Team Eight..." D for Drakensis
D for Drakensis

Quote:
"Team Seven - Ayanami Rei, Soryu-Langley Asuka, and Ikari Shinji. Team Eight..."
"Evangelion no jutsu!"
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20