Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Been done. Sorta. Cool concept, want to see more.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Now that you mention that, I've seen it before.
I'd never actually been able to find it though. Thx!
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
"I'm Rei. This is my sister Rei, and this is my other sister Rei."
-Morgan.

HoagieOfDoom

Me, Myself, and Rei

Sirrocco

Rei as Sailor Nothing.
I posted these over in the music forum as well. Cthulu Mythos themed christmas carols.
"The Carol of the Old Ones"
www.cthulhulives.org/solsticecarol.html
and
"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Fish-Men"
www.cthulhulives.org/Sols...layer.html

Sirrocco

a Sailor Moon/Harry Potter crossover...
(with appropriate "a wizard did it" handwaving)
done at least partially on the basis of what *role* each character fills.
Harry, of course, with the Great Destiny, the Tremendous Power, and the great capacity for friendship, would be Sailor Moon.
"Why am I in a skirt?"
Ron, who does let his emotions get the better of him from time to time, would be Sailor Mars.
"Mate? Why are we in skirts?"
Hermoine's a shoo-in for Mercury
*immediately starts trying to figure out, out loud, why they are in skirts, each possibility presented causing them more and more dismay*.
But that's not all. There are *supporting* characters to consider as well.
McGonagall, the teacher, adviser, and house-mother, fits in neatly as Luna.
"Oh, thank goodness."
Tuxedo Mask - the dashing figure who sets the hearts of the *cough* heroines *cough* aflutter, who stands back that they might fight their own battles, stepping in only when absolutely necessary to deliver a well-aimed blow and a few well-chosen words of encouragement to spur them on to victory? Albus Dumbledore.
"Well, of course."
*Dumbledore shows off his tight-fitting tuxedo*
"Mate...?"
"No, Ron. Don't say it. This isn't real. That's all. It just isn't real."
And, finally, Sailor Pluto - distant, dark, broadly supportive of the protagonist's major goals, but at times brought into oposition. Truly, there could be only one choice.
"Potter, what are you doing in a skirt?"
*Harry lifts his head blearily, and speaks in a voice nearly deadened by successive horrors.*
"Sir? But you're in a skirt, too."
*there is a pause*
"Your powers of perception astound me, Potter - and *that* was my *next* question."
Quote:
"Potter, what are you doing in a skirt?"
*Harry lifts his head blearily, and speaks in a voice nearly deadened by successive horrors.*
"Sir? But you're in a skirt, too."
*there is a pause*
"Your powers of perception astound me, Potter - and *that* was my *next* question."
Oh, Chaos, don't do that to me -- I've got thin walls, and my neighbors do not need to hear me laughing idiotically. (Bad enough I hear them quarreling profanely at two in the morning....)
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Ranma 1/2 / Nerima Daikon Brothers. It just makes *WAY* too much sense...-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Quote:
Ranma 1/2 / Nerima Daikon Brothers. It just makes *WAY* too much sense...
Let's not forget that "All-Purpose Cultural Cat-Girl Nuku-Nuku" is also (partially) set in Nerima...
(Oh, since we're back to the stupid anime crossovers: "Hana Yori Dangaio".)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
To compound Rob's suggestion...
Azumanga Yori Dangaioh--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Sirrocco

Those who hunt Vorlons
"Wait... wait.... How the hell...?"
------------
Also... a series of clips.
A shadowed figure, speaking gravely.
"Always there are two. A master and an apprentice."
A teenage boy stands before the Jedi council in initiate's robes, defiant.
"Truly sorry we are, but too great the damage is. Your force channels it has harmed beyond repair. No Jedi can you become."
the boy continues standing for a moment, face twisted in rage, and then turns and storms out.
A middle-aged man in bright green robes practices with his lightsaber, repeating the same moves over and over again over and over again, pushing himself to his limits. Suddenly he pauses mid-kata, and cocks his head. Then, nodding, he extinguishes his blade and moves away.
The boy, now looking rather the worse for wear, stumbles away from a fight. He is weeping openly. His opponent is lain out on the ground. The older man appears from between two buildings as he passes, and grabs his shoulder, stopping him.
"The Council told you you could never be a Jedi. They told you lies. There is another way. Come with me if you wish to find it."
A shadowy place, far from prying eyes. The boy kneels before his elder.
"Understand, this will not be easy. It is a harsh path, a painful path. It will take a great deal of hard work."
The boy's gaze snaps up. There is fire in his eyes.
"I am not afraid of hard work."
Images of the boy training flash by, of running great distances, sometimes running on the hands, of pushups and kicks, of lightsaber sparring that draws on every aspect of the terrain and every part of the body, and of adding greater and greater weight to the ankle bracers he wears.
Suddenly the montage flashes into a fight scene. The boy - now a young man, with bright green robes of his own is duelling two jedi of his own age, wearing the traditional brown and white. His lightsaber flashes dramatically, ever in motion, and he moves almost too quick for the eye to follow. His opponents are hard-pressed to withstand his assault. Then one of them makes a slight misstep. Moments later, both are dead, and the young man stands, savage, breathing hard.
His mentor, watching from a distance, cannot contain his exultation.
"HA! BEHOLD, oh Council! Behold what has become of the child you cast Away! Behold The Explosive Power of the Dark Side!"
We zoom in on his face, his maniacal laughter, and his large, bushy black eyebrows.
STAR WARS: Master and Apprentice.
Always there are two.
I was more referring to the fact that one of the primary foils for the characters in Nerima Daikon Brothers is a thieving, gluttonous panda.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Quote:
Always there are two.
Sorry, Sirrocco, I'm missing something here.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Quote:
Always there are two.
Gai-sensei!
Lee!
Gai-sensei!
Lee!
*dies laughing*
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Feinan

Quote:
Always there are two.
*howls* NICE job on that! *cackle*
I can see this in my mind, now. Scary.
Quote:
hmmm... B.J. Baracus
Mash/the A-Team
Let's make this A-Team riff even worse by bringing in another movie and naming the CO:
Col. "Hannibal" Lecter

(Edit for typo...)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The Hunterminator

Quote:
Gai-sensei!
Lee!
Gai-sensei!
Lee!
*dies laughing*

I'm thinking it would be more:
Darth Lee!
Master Gai!
Darth Lee!
Master Gai!
*They use the force to make an illusion of waves crashing and sunset*
I'm still lost.
-- Bob
---------

CattyNebulart

bob you clearly haven't seen Naruto (the show is fairly bad), or read some of the excelent fanfiction surounding it.
That is clearly Maito Gai (pronounced Might Guy) and his student Rock Lee. As Sith Lords. Which is a level of wrong I find hard to describe or imagine.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Indeed, I am Nartuo-free. But having a referent helps, even if I've never seen it. Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Indeed. Bob, imagine the love-child of Excel and Ranma Saotome, then run in fear.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

The Hunterminator

Quote:
Indeed. Bob, imagine the love-child of Excel and Ranma Saotome, then run in fear.
I don't know, that combination doesn't quite fit I think. Neither Lee nor Gai remind me of Excel much, although they are both skilled and boisterous enough to be related to Ranma.
I think the Wikipedia articles say it best (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roc...Naruto%29)
Quote:
Lee's relationship with his sensei, Might Guy, is emotional to the point of comedy; their hugging, overstated posing, and odd mannerisms weird out Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, and even Sasuke Uchiha to the point of blankly staring with disbelief when they witnessed them for the first time.
Quote:
Might Guy is a Konoha Jonin who is notorious for his thick eyebrows, green jumpsuit, shiny bowl haircut, and exceedingly boisterous personality.

Sirrocco

Incidentally, Bob, if you *are* looking for a bit of working understanding of Naruto at some point (in terms of characters/world, if not so much plot) and have the time, I'd very much recommend you try reading Team 8. It's excellent, and we're sure to toss it on to the update thread whenever it pings. I had essentially no understanding of the show when I started reading it myself, and found it delightful.

CattyNebulart

indeed Team 8 is goodness. So is for the love of my friends, but with that one you should know some naruto (such as you would get from say reading tem 8 or Soul voice another good naruto fic)
While I don't like the show a lot of the fanfiction around it is excelent.
anyway back on topic with a crossover that shouldn't exist.
Battle Programmer Akari (Battle athletes combined with Battle Programer S-something or other)
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20