Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Well, if we are talking about one-liners with potential...

In brightest day, in darkest night,
no evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power... the Ginzuishou's light!
NN
Last night I was thinking about the Monty Python "Double Vision Mountaineering" sketch, and ways to make it more serious, or at least more literally true. Then I thgouht.... Cross it over with Dual! Sure, the guy SAYS he wants to build a rope bridge between the peaks of Kilimanjaro, but it's actually a different sort of bridge entirely, and he's recruiting a group in both worlds simulataneously to try it...
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Bun-Bun & Kiki: Sluggy Freelance Police.
Well, Max and Bub-Bun are both rabbits who enjoy inflicting violence on others, so it kinda fits. [Image: tongue.gif] __________________
I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
I'm not proud. It's going right into the development file for the Sailor Moon Step.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Elsa Bibat

Four words:
Kidou Senshi Ultraman SEED.
Rob&Bob said (Re: "This... is my MOON STICK!")
R: (The line came up during tonight's gaming session, and I'm not at all ashamed of it. Bob, feel free to steal it...)
B: I'm not proud. It's going right into the development file for the Sailor Moon Step.
===================================
"Okay, memo, to me: No more Bruce Campbell movies for Usagi. EVER."
Okay, okay - some background on the line (which may be of interest to Bob)...
The PCs did what PCs are wont to do, and messed around with the canonical timeline in order to get Sailor Moon her first powerup early. What they didn't realize was that giving her the Moon Stick before she was ready for it didn't mean she'd also get the command phrase with it.
Usagi tried a few of her stock lines (including "I will punish you!"), to no effect. Then she started trying the silly lines, including "This is my Moon Stick!" (which got a laugh from the players)... Eventually, an NPC who had memories of the Silver Millenium suggested she switch from Usagi to Sailor Moon, and then told her the correct phrase.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
R: (The line came up during tonight's gaming session, and I'm not at all ashamed of it. Bob, feel free to steal it...)
B: I'm not proud. It's going right into the development file for the Sailor Moon Step.
===================================
"Okay, memo, to me: No more Bruce Campbell movies for Usagi. EVER."
And so is that.

-- Bob
---------
Wheee!!
Okay, bunny floating through my head.
After the lab accident, Social Services gets hold of the Tomoe family, and notes her father's growing instability. They decide to place her somewhere else, in order to keep her safe from the obviously traumatized and dangerous individual.
They place her, naturally, with a pillar of the community in the Nerima ward.
No, it's not who you're thinking.
This particular choice is a wealthy and influential man who thinks that the best thing to help his own two children get over the recent loss of their mother is someone else to focus on, you see. His daughter is, in fact, about Hotaru's age, and they might just get along....
Yes, ladies and gentleman, it's Hotaru Kuno.
Ow.
--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
... I was actually thinking Hotaru Gosunkugi, having dismissed the Tendos as too obvious a choice for the Grand Thread O' Crack. WHile I'm at it, thoguh, how about combining original TRON with the Automan TV show, and any other hero cast that's only marginally equipped to deal with an evil computer safely in the heart of a building in the US somewhere sending it's glowy red Hollywood-holographic minions to conquer the world. That strikes Tenchi (Washuu would have the MCP crying for Gibbs around a nanosecond after she figured out its existance) AMS and Battle Programmer Shirase for similar reasons... ooh, I know! Air Gear! The bad guys' ability to ignore the laws of physics that the Air Trekkers only slightly warp and otherwise rely on would seriously mess with their heads! And sicne they're TOTALLY out of it with the whole cumputer whiz thing, finding out about, finding the location of, and finding a suitable payment for BPS all the while opposwed by MCP goons would make a suitable quest for the plot.
Actually, just Automan/BPS is pretty CTSNB...
- CD
ETA: A musical CTSNB: Hall & Oats/Aliens: Maneater I'd say this probably counts as NSFW on account of gore, unless your boss is a horror movie fan. SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Quote:
ETA: A musical CTSNB: Hall & Oats/Aliens: Maneater I'd say this probably counts as NSFW on account of gore, unless your boss is a horror movie fan.
So wrong, yet so very right *shakes head*.
Though ... gore? I've never considered the Aliens films particularly bad on that account. I mean, yea, there's some there for the shock value, and it's done well - gets the point across, at the very least - but would it rate a NSFW?
Eh. Okay, point, better safe than sorry.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Quote:
They place her, naturally, with a pillar of the community in the Nerima ward.
No, it's not who you're thinking.
I'll say! I was half-expecting "Hotaru Natsume, adopted sister to Ryonosuke and Atsuko (Nuku-Nuku) Natsume"...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

*ahem*
The year is 2029. The place is Japan.
In the course of an investigation, a geological survey team stumbles upon a small, well secured facility that seems to have been abandoned a long time ago.
Abandoned, that is, save for a single cryo tube in which a person had been secreted away. The only available data on this person being that he's suffering from a rare genetic illness that has his cells degrade at an accelerated basis.
That the body is already in the late stages of breaking down is noted ...
... then Head of Public Security Section 9 Aramaki gets the report, takes one look through the files, and has the discovery sent back to the home office and on a quick route for a TC cybernetic body.
Several months later, Section 9 gets a new recruit by the name of Iroquois Pliskin.
All this and more in:
Ghost in the Shell: Solid Snake Society.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

HoagieOfDoom

Quote:
Ghost in the Shell: Solid Snake Society
I would pay money to read something like that.
*eagerly awaiting MGS4**********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Harry Potter discovers a rather special book in the Restricted Section of the library:
Incredibly Powerful Dark Magic For Dummies, by L. Inverse and D. Schneider.
'nuf said.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
How about 2 books - How to be a Great Dark Sorcerer and Get the Girls, by D. Schneider and So You Want to be a Sorcery Genius by L. Inverse.
Tommy-boy found the first book and became a Dark Lord, originally, because he thought it would make him attractive to women.
Harry finds the second book, making him equal to Tommy-boy (both having one of the two "legendary dark magic texts") but giving him the power Vlondie knows not - Lina's got a couple of spells that are just a little bit more powerful that Darshe's best.

As another crossver idea: Judgement League Angels. Long ago, Hell sent demons to Earth to be born as humans. These humans can transform into demons and do hell's work, i.e. they become supervillains. Heaven sent angels to do the same, but to counter the demons, by being superheros.
Much later, Tokyo is protected by the Earth's greatest team of such superheros: the Judgement League Angels ('Athena', 'Wizard', 'Shirohime', 'Blanche' and 'Suzuka'). Misaki Suzuhara arrives in Tokyo, hoping that she can be as great a hero as the angel 'Hikaru'...
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Sirrocco

Trying to move back from the interesting/potentially worthwhile to the realm of the truly farcical...
Revolutionary Girl Utena has, as a core plot axis, a particular kind of duelling.
Pokemon has, as a core plot axis, a particular kind of duelling.
"Chu-chu! I choose you!"
(Also, the image of Utena drawing a cute furry animal out of Anthy's chest (or vice versa) before the duel.)

-------------------------
And, on the theme of Utena crossovers...
In the halls of destiny, there's a bit of a futz-up one day. Some lines get tangled. Some wires get crossed. In the end, almost everything's almost fixed, but two people got their destinies swapped, and no one noticed until it was far too late.
It was the "Heroines(potentially world-shaking)" section, and they were alphabetized by name of self-identification, you see...
Usagi, and Utena.
- Or, if you wanted to make this interesting, have the initial timelines be the futz-up. Utena was supposed to be the Warrior of Love and Justice, and the Moon Princess. Usagi was supposed to be the helpless sacrifice with tremendous magical potential that had promised to one Akio in a demonic bargain. That whole "become a prince yourself" thing was never intended at all. Still, people can change in unexpected ways, when you leave them alone for a while... and Akio does act an *awful* lot like the smoother class of Youma sometimes...
*Beginning fight sequence. Usagi faces Akio.*
*Usagi's uniform undergoes the obvious "Usagi's uniform" changes*
*Anthy bends Usagi back, and draws out of her chest...the Silver Millenium Crystal?*
*Fight begins*
*Almost immediately, Akio Ohtori gets a healthy dose of Ultimate Cleansing Power. He is, as it turns out, Not Worthy. He rather quickly Ceases To Be.*
*Akio's sword clatters to the ground. His rose drifts down to land on top of it in a particularly artistic manner.*
*Anthy looks...shocked. She stays shocked. After a bit, Usagi starts being a bit embarrassed*
"Hey, you said to get the rose off his chest, right? The rose isn't on his chest anymore, is it?"
If you wanted to really throw in some wierd thematic vibes (and really, what is Utena about, if not wierd thematic vibes) you could get some serious mileage out of the Anthy/Darien rose parallels, and possibly even Darien's time as a badguy/the black rose cycle.

HoagieOfDoom

This crossover should never, ever be. EVER.
[Image: weirdspock.jpg]*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
I do not even want to know.
-- Bob
---------
You know, if Usagi ever needs a day job, she should try taking advantage of that Ultimate Cleansing Power... Those stubborn stains on bathroom tiles can't be tougher than Akio "Slick as Slime" Ohtori.
Oh and while I'm at it: TFs BTVS, with the point of contact being the Spikes. If that's not wrong enough on its own, remember that this puts Darla the Mad in Sparkplug's spot...
- CD Why yes, this is the "Should Not BE" thread. You think Scrubbing Bubbles with seifuku should be?SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
Hm.
Cowboy Bebop / Buffy. Spike Spiegel was named after Spike the Vampire, because he's Dawn and Xander's great-something-grandkid.
And Edward is a Slayer.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
"In the grim darkness of Harry Potter's far future, there is only war."
Raised as a loyal servant of the Emperor, Harry Potter has risen to high rank as an Inquisitor, wiping out entire planetary populations for the mere suspicion of Chaos-taint. Now he's learned of his true origins, and is leading several legions of Imperial Space Marines back in time to destroy the Chaos infestation of wizardry on ancient Earth. To survive, the wizarding world must rally behind the only leader who can save it now: Lord Voldemort.
I was in the local Borders today, and the idea just flashed across my mind when I glanced at a shelf of WH40K titles. I'm sure you wish it'd stayed there....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Quote:
Why yes, this is the "Should Not BE" thread. You think Scrubbing Bubbles with seifuku should be?
It doesn't matter what we think - Studio CLAMP put scrubbing bubbles into the thrid season of Card Captor Sakura.
(Well, what else would the "Bubble" card do?)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Another one, stolen from Usenet. It's a series, a character, or both:
Haruhi Potter

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Conversely...
The Melancholy of Harry Potter
Sort of puts a new spin on "the power the Dark Lord knows not", now, doesn't it?
-- Bob
---------
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20