Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be: The Academy.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
In the wake of tragedy, the hope of the world rests on the thin shoulders of a single, messy haired boy. Unwanted by his guardians, socially isolated, and
suffering from chronic low self esteem, he is neverthelss the lynchpin for the turning of destiny... but which destiny?

The future will be written by the victor in the duel of the master manipulators, as Harry Ikari is the Child Who Lived.

So, Gendo vs. Dumbledore, who do you think would win?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
UNit 1 vs. a Basilisk... which would win?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Since an EVA is organic, it is entirely possible that the basilisk would win. One look and the EVA would either be killed or petrified.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Quote: Shepherd wrote:

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Since an EVA is organic, it is entirely possible that the basilisk would win. One look and the EVA would either be killed or petrified.
Ah, but couldn't the AT Field block the stare (like it blocks virtually everything else)?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Possibly, or possibly it would mean the unit was only petrified. But, what about the pilot, or the bridge bunnies watching via the holodisplay inside Terminal
Dogma? If a reflection is enough and film is destroyed, what about relayed images? Normal CCD cameras would probably just fail, but what about the relay from
the Eva's eyes, or nuke-recording hardened cameras?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
So, EVA unit 1 is 'the power he knows not'?
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3143870/1/T ... _Knows_Not

My take on Harry Potter and anime crossovers.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
The Producers and Doctor Who, featuring the musical number: "Space Time For Hitler"

------------------

Epsilon

WengFook

Quote: Epsilon wrote:

The Producers and Doctor Who, featuring the musical number: "Space Time For Hitler"

------------------

Epsilon
or how about... Doctor Who featuring Rick Astley as the Doctor and Britney Spears as the companion :o

Gallifrey was having trouble
What a sad, sad story
Needed a new leader to restore
Its former glory
Where and when was he?
Where could that man be?
We looked around and then we found
The man for you and me
And now it's...
Space-time for Hitler and Gallifrey
Daleks are happy and gay!

(brain melts down)

No, I'm sorry, I just can't go on...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote: robkelk wrote:

Quote: The Producers and Doctor Who, featuring the musical number: "Space Time For Hitler"

Gallifrey was having trouble

What a sad, sad story

Needed a new leader to restore

Its former glory

Where and when was he?

Where could that man be?

We looked around and then we found

The man for you and me

And now it's...

Space-time for Hitler and Gallifrey

Daleks are happy and gay!

(brain melts down)

No, I'm sorry, I just can't go on...
Wow. I don't even really get it and even then I am in mortal fear of radiation burns from this sucker.

Necratoid

Simpely put... its a play about some producers that are actively trying to produce a musical that will fail... So they pick the worst one the can find...which
includes the song 'Spring Time for Hitler' as the song to get you sucked in at the start... its actually written by a guy who venerates Hitler as a
good things and meant to be take seriously... everyone else its shocked then takes it as a farce... so the serieous musical made produced to fail utterly
suceeds massively as a comedy. This drives the producers insane. Mel Brooks is involved. It was a Broadway play, Then a movie and back again. The other
half refering to the Time War, mentioned repeatedly in the newer seasons, that wipes out the timelord's homeworld and the Darleks... only Doctor Who and
four Darleks survive.

So this would be like casting the two producers as a pair of irandom supernatural Uber reality alters... maybe an Endless and a very drunk Oden trying to make
a time line that implodes so people leave them alone with random requests for a while... so they purposely take what they think is very, very bad advise of a
young chaos entity that spends far to much time as a cat, and allow him to make the deeply stupid idea of taking a young Hitler and making him a Time Lord...
who charismas his way into leadship, kindly ignore the way his group offed the previous ruling party when he lost the elections, and leads them in a genicidal
war against the Darleks. Which fails hard in the end... though better than the standard timeline... the way 'Time Lord Hilter' insisted on forcing
their leaders bizarre suggestion to act as though they were in a musical at all times into the war... Turns out he failed as a painter, because he was destined
to direct nstead. Meanwhile, the Darleks have collectively decided that the studio audience is out to get them and have become paranoid and easily distracted.
Which is what they get for trying to logic out all that singing.

Of course the producer get mobbed with even more requests and eventually go near mad... until foisting the attention of the chaotic idiot they were trying to
fail through use of. I think I just wrote an origin story for an elder god.
It's a pity you can't go on, blackaeronaut. It sounded pretty good to me.

The problem with "Springtime for Hitler" was that the producers went too far in their attempt to create the ultimate flop. They picked the worst
script they could find, and cast the worst actors they could find to perform it. The first song of the play was done as a serious, impressive Broadway musical
number, and it nearly drove off the entire audience- the second part, where some random druggie off the street blundered through the role of Hitler, was what
convinced the audience that it was a farce and ruined the play.

I don't know quite how this would really work as a fic, though. Somehow, the idea of Mad Musical Hitler's disembodied brain leading the Daleks through
a succession of musical numbers appeals to me more than Time Lord Hitler.

I've been writing a bit.

Necratoid

Yes, while 'Exterminate: the Musical' would make far more sense... I was going with the 'should not be' aspect of the thread... yes, Hitler
with the near omnicidial group makes actual coherent sense... the idea of Hilter's artistic talents being in a completely different field and him being
either born a Time Lord or picked up by them, might as well make Elvis another ascended Time Lord or worse his companion, train wrecks the thing for them.
Now, how can we work in Irregular Webcomic's Hitler?

"Time Lord science sneers at size limitations!"

I've been writing a bit.

al103

Quote:Killing off Rakan? For all we know, he'd come right back saying
"Sorry I'm late, I had to punch God in the face to bring me back". (Poor Haruhi).
  (?) TrueSuffering on MangaFox forum.

I'm so loling right now. This, definitely this!
The entire class moves in with Negi to protect him from an alien threat and, more importantly, do his housework, in Mahoramatic...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote: Bluemage wrote:

Now, how can we work in Irregular Webcomic's Hitler?

"Time Lord science sneers at size limitations!"

"Hah! Logic means nothing to a true Nazi!" - Ubersaurus Rex, "Samurai Cat"
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
...I've been wanting to do a TV Tropes page on Samurai Cat, but all my books are in Wisconsin. >.< Anyone who has access to them want to give it a
shot?

--Sam

"We are not from around here, David Carradine-breath."
The Faceless Men

Koh the Face Stealer

Ice vs. Fire

The planetary balance is out of kilter.

Coincidence?

A Song of Ice and Fire - Avatar
I am Zuko of the Fire Nation. And things were not always thus. At one time, I was a crown prince of the greatest nation in the world. Life was easy and I lived
without care. Until one fateful day, I disagreed with one of my father's generals. The Fire Lord challenged me to Agni Kai, the duel of fire, to prove my
worth and I failed to impress him. I was banished from my home and from all that I knew. So, I journeyed by sea many months into the lands of barbarian peoples
- accompanied by Iroh, my uncle - through the lands of the Earth, the Air and the Water.

Kanna: (Casts the bones) *mumble mumble*

Iroh: She says the thirteenth bender must be no water bender.

Zuko: What are you saying?

Iroh: The thirteenth bender... is you.

Sokka: Blow-hards the both of you. She probably was some smoke-colored camp girl. Looked like that one's mother.

Zuko: My mother was a pure woman from a noble family. And I, at least, know who my father is, you pig-eating son of a whore!

Katara: Where did you learn our language?

Zuko: I listened!
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Robot Bubblegum Crisis
--
Rob Kelk

Nyahahaa! ^_^
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12