Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be: The Academy.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Demon Prince Caspian
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
In a modern retelling of a horror classic, I bring you;

Alfred Hitchcock's: The Catgirls
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Didn't Something Positive do that already?

Pronounced "shy guy."
The Little Mermaid Forest

Dirty Harry Potter

Hmmm.

Quote:"Knightmare Rider...a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Lelouche Lamperrouge, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:Didn't Something Positive do that already?

Yup, haven't found the link yet, not looking terribly hard, I have to admit.
Quote: Shepherd wrote:

Demon Prince Caspian

Sequel to Kimba the White Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe naturally.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
For a long time I was tempted to do a Narnia Step in the Walk, just so I could use the title The Loon, the Witch and the Wardrobe...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote: For a long time I was tempted to do a Narnia Step in the Walk, just so I could use the title The Loon, the Witch and the Wardrobe...
I suppose that went the way of the cyberspace-anime Step, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Experiments_Lain]Serial Experiments Loon.

Or the WWII Step, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120863/]The Thin Red Loon.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I can just imagine the chapter titles of that one, Rob....

Where Loons Dare

The Loony Dozen

The Loon's Brigade

The Loons of Navarone

Sink the Loon!

Run Loony, Run Deep

The Loon on the River Kwai

Loony's Heroes

The Loon Mutiny

A Loon Too Far

Saving Private Loon

Ok, that's enough. Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Got it.

Pronounced "shy guy."
The Loon of the Desert Loon Ago and Far Away Walk the Loon A Thin Loon Between Love and Hate
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote: Got it.

Aside from the Queen of Wands tie-in, this was my favorite S-P arc.

And, to stay at least somewhat on-topic, I give you

Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem For a Dream

Will Predator's rampant drug use lead both him and Alien on an unstoppable downward spiral of abuse and self-loathing?
Investigating the mysterious disappearance of a legendary South American tribe, it's Indiana Jones and the Curse of the
Golden Ticket.

--Sam

"There's no knowing where we're going."

Jonas

The young Genin glared at the traitourus teacher in front of him, and formed a quick hand-seal.

"Kage-smurf no jutsu"
"Nininga: Hinata-den"

"The Melancholy of Sakura Haruno"

"Rock Lee: Genin of Steel" (or "Rok Li: Last Son of Krypton")

Herr Bad Moon

Quote: nemonowan wrote:

"Rock Lee: Genin of Steel" (or "Rok Li: Last Son of Krypton")

Would that make Neji Batman?
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
I was going to say that Naruto fits the "wisecracking super-agile hero" archetype of Spider-Man, but the only bug-themed nin are the Aburame...

There's always Great Teacher Iruka.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
The name's not the same, but it's already been done.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Okay. I'll buy that.

Hm. Professor Charles Sarutobi, anyone?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
...with an Autobot summoning contract?

I've been writing a bit.
Quote: Autobot summoning contract
...These might be the three greatest Naruto-related words I have ever read.

Pronounced "shy guy."

Necratoid

Until you consider that during training Naruto would end up summoning dozens of Wheelies in most timelines... though it might be a spamfic... you know when
Naruto summons the body of Primus onto the surface of a planet... while falling off a cliff.
Summoning Primus just wouldn't work: if you could summon him, you just know he'd have to be the boss summon, and Optimus Prime is the only boss that
contract should rightfully have.

Besides, that would throw off the companion spamfic where the demon sealed inside of Naruto wasn't Kyuubi, but Unicron...

I've been writing a bit.

Necratoid

I'd like to point out that Fortress Maximus, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Grimlock, probably Skylynks, Slag, Snarl, and Sludge would likely take more (or far
more) chakra to summon than Optimus Prime (using the original animated timeline). Combiners are a grey area as the require several units to be summoned...
but the total level of chakra to summon all the pieces would be more. Not only is Optimus Prime a lead from the front kind of general... but he is a civilian
model. He'd have no reason to be the most expensive to summon... even considering the Matrix of Leadership.

Going with some of the more recent timelines... I can see one where Naruto keep summoning Minicons... which are like sentient fusion engines that got enslaved
because equiping them grants you superpowers. Naruto is told he isn't using enough chakra and the keeps adding more until he manages to summon the Requiem
Blasters compounents. At that point he manages to drain off enough chakra that he ends up summoning Nacho Prime and a few minions.... which are immediately
drafted as pants.
You're right about that. I was intentionally ignoring the correlation between size, chakra cost, and 'boss' status, and only focusing on
leadership.

Prime would probably take much more chakra than anyone else in his size class; as I understand it, the MoL is a *lot* of energy in a comparatively small space.
That has to bump him up a size class or two, though not to the level of most of the 'bots you mentioned.

I was kinda thinking that there would be a limit built into the contract that made anything bigger than Prime impossible to summon, at least until some
condition was met. If you were Optimus Prime, a wise and responsible leader, wouldn't you want to get to know somebody a bit before you let them summon
Fortress Maximus? Anyway, I can just see Naruto saying "Wait... there are BIGGER ONES!?! How big do you guys get?"

I've been writing a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12