Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 18: You'll have SO MANY CROSSOVERS! 400 CROSSOVERS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
OK, we need to try harder to get 400 in this thread, so I'm posting multiple:
Once a soldier, discarded in the wastes of the Scrapyard, she rose to become a world-renowned diplomat: Boutros-Boutros Gally.
From the "too soon" department: Travels with Charlie Hebdo.
From the Folgers Crossover Department, we've replaced Harime Nui in Kill la Kill with Daidouji Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura; let's see if anyone notices a difference.Also, in an attempt to improve Kill la Kill, we replaced the protagonist, Matoi Ryuuko, with Inspector Zenigata ("Taiho de yagaru... KIRYUUIN SATSUKI!").
----Ever since I started watching Rose of Versailles, I've been thinking of replacing Oscar Françoise de Jarjeyes with Utena Tenjou, if only because their styles are so similar.  The result is this excerpt from AU!Wikipedia:
Quote:The situation came to a head at the Tennis Court Duel (Duel de jeu de paume).  The Estates General, forced out of the Salle de États, regrouped at a the nearby royal tennis court.  When it became clear that the intent of this assembly was revolution against the King and proclamation of the Third Estate as the only estate, the army moved in to confront the representatives of the Third Estate and its allies (including the Duc d'Orleans).
Utena Tenjou, then a captain of the French Guards (later Prince Utena of France), confronted her superior officer, the Marquis de Bouillé, and challenged him to a sword duel at the court.  While Bouillé insisted that his sword protected the nobility chosen by God, Tenjou fought for the nobility of the people themselves and in leadership with the moral values of freedom, equality, and brotherhood.
Bouillé appeared to have the upper hand in the fight until he saw a disguised Marie Antoinette in the crowd cheering for Tenjou, at which point he was badly shaken.  Later described by Bouillé as "moving with divine grace", Tenjou drew first blood -- the victory condition of the duel, and the only blood lost in the French Revolution.
With the Army leadership now on the side of reform, Louis was forced to consider real change.  In the following days the Queen, Tenjou, Robespierre, and Necker were able to  convince the Privy Council to legitimize the popularly elected Third Estate representatives as the National Assembly. In the subsequent months, the National Assembly received constitutional power eventually leading to full parliamentary supremacy.
Seriously guys there were so many ways to avoid the Reign of Terror it's not even funny, just sad.
-- ∇×V
vorticity Wrote:OK, we need to try harder to get 400 in this thread, so I'm posting multiple:
Right - post multiple bad ideas.

The Simpsons and Street Fighter - Mmm. Bison.

Vampirella Enchanted

A Bridge Too Far Over the River Kwai
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
"Bonesaw, why are you putting Charlie Brown in the wood chipper?"

"Unca Jack! I'm making peanuts butter and jellies!"
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
A couple of musical crossovers that should not be:

Jem'Hadar and the Holograms

Spice Girls, Girls, Girls
--
Rob Kelk

BYapes

Quote:robkelk wrote:
A couple of musical crossovers that should not be:
Jem'Hadar and the Holograms
Spice Girls, Girls, Girls
  No idea on the second, but the first....
...goddammit, pass the brainbleach.
Brian Y.
Seed Chronicles
We've replaced Jadeite (Sailor Moon) with Jadis the White Witch (The Chronicles of Narnia).  Let's see how well (or not) she gets along with Queen Beryl and the others.
I just had a horrid Xover thought: The Nanoha series and Stross's Laundry series. Because in both universes, magic is an application of exotic mathematics.

And suddenly, the fall of El-Hazard and all those "dimensional distortions" the TSAB is so desperate to keep under control take on a whole new meaning.
...Aaaand now my inner Bunny Generator is suddenly demanding a story that involves Indiana Jones mumbling numbly "Ponies. WHY did it have to be Ponies?"

and...
"Ohhh, Indy," gushed Celestia, fluttering her eyelashes. "Please tell me you brought your whip -- it's been so long since I've had a chance to enjoy your skills."

Twilight felt her jaw drop, her mind filling with images that no right-thinking pony should think about her reigning monarch or beloved mentor, even if they did generate a certain frisson of--
She failed no notice the tiny smirk on Celestia's face before the Sun Princess recomposed her expression. "Ah, my faithful student, this human may not look like much--"
"Hey!" said human protested half-heartedly.
"--but he could even teach your fried Applejack a thing or two about... rope tricks."
Twilight saw purple.

However, I have to point out a humorously "appropriate" typo ... "your fried Applejack" ... Freudian much?
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
DHBirr Wrote: 

However, I have to point out a humorously "appropriate" typo ... "your fried Applejack" ... Freudian much?
Mmmmm ... fried Applejack ...

(I prefer grilled to fried, myself - less fat. Although there's always the Sweeney Todd types who'd bake Applejack into a Pinkie Pie...)
--
Rob Kelk

Angryoptimist

Evangelion+JoJo. It's a terrible idea, but I'd probably enjoy it. Two great tastes that go great together!
As long as it's not Evangelion + Mojo* Jojo. "Sugar. Spice. And everything nice. These were the elements chosen to make the perfect little Eva pilots. But then Professor Ikari accidentally added...Chemical X."
Here's a CTSNB in just one name: Teana Lannister.
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

Hazard

Teana Lannister shows up on Westeros to perform a check on the far off, obscure backwater that her great grandparents came from. Said great grandparents were apparently minor members of a great, noble house (yeah, right) and while she's here on official bussiness she's also going to do some genealogical checking.

That she shows up in the North and introduces herself is not an issue. That she goes south with Ned to meet her far off family might be.

I'm foreseeing much befriending in the future.

The Wanderer

One from the "because... how??" department:

The Horn of Valiere.
Log Horizon / The Gamer
Ouch.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
SAO x The Gamer. Kirito and Asuna get back to Real Life... and find that their game interface still works.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
A Spacebattler did that once.

Pronounced "shy guy."
ECSNorway Wrote:SAO x The Gamer. Kirito and Asuna get back to Real Life... and find that their game interface still works.
Woah.

Seen here:
On the SJGames forums, Anders Wrote:GURPS Fifty Shades of Gray. We call it "roleplaying".
--
Rob Kelk

Original source.  Posted without comment:[Image: 413369a7751203cf73e3038b5a19acbbaa783cc4_r.jpg]
-- ∇×V
Gilligan's Island/Lost
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
We've just swapped Leviathan from the Wormverse with Leviathan from High School DxD. Because if any universe needs a completely upbeat magical girl with enough power to keep even the WorkVerse's 'Crapsack World' effect from effecting her, well, it's Worm.

I wonder if Sona will be grateful for having an Eldritch Abomination in place of her embarrassing big sister?
Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
I wonder if Sona will be grateful for having an Eldritch Abomination in place of her embarrassing big sister?
Isn't Serafall fundamentally an Eldritch Abomination already?
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Yabbut, Worm!Leviathan won't embarrass her with all sorts of infantile behavior, or showing everyone those baby photos, or telling everyone and anyone those stories.....
Besides, Sona doesn't look at Serfall and see "Eldritch Abomination" (most of the time), she sees... her used-to-be-cool Big Sis, who seems hell-bent (ahem) on being Misato Katsuragi, with less booze&sex and more Mahou Shojou cosplay.  

Also, Worm!Leviathan won't break down in tears of devastated, heartbroken betrayal every time Sona yells at her... er, it.  And being able to finally just snap and go all medieval on some Leviathan's ass would probably do Sona some good.  That girl is just too repressed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13