Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 18: You'll have SO MANY CROSSOVERS! 400 CROSSOVERS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
"I'm in Drift, I'm in Drift, I'm in Drift, I'm in Drift/I'm in Drift with a wonderful guy!"
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
If I knew we were going for musicals, I would have offered Adam Westworld Side Story...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I'm sure someone must have come up with this before...

Pinkie Pie and the Brain
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
So, one day, Hermione's aunt, The Reverend Boadicea Geraldine Kennedy (née Granger), shows up in Hogsmeade... (Harry Potter/The Vicar of Dibley)

-- Bob
---------
While checking a website for some post-Second Impact coastline information, I couldn't help but notice that the Boston Suburb of Brockton turns into a rather shallow bay.

Neon Genesis Wormvangelion anyone?

The Wanderer

On the contrary, Dartz, I think that demands a crossover of some sort.

I've already suggested Worm/NGE under the premise of "the entities behind the Worm parahuman abilities arrive in late 2000 rather than the canonical 1980, and mere days later, their plans are completely derailed by the occurrence of Second Impact", and that could fit in rather neatly.
No need to overcomplicate it like that...

I mean, there're two angels as two seeds of life - it seems more natural to fuse things along that line than the alternative. Adam and Lilith.... Scion and Eden...... Then go from there.

The Wanderer

For me, having them be blindsided by such a major disruption was at least half of the point of doing the crossover. (I posted it right alongside one in which their plans are instead derailed by the 1999 emergence of Lavos, and the subsequent devastation and mass death which follows.)

But if you don't want to do that, you certainly wouldn't have to. It would just result in a different sort of story.
This came to me while I was thinking about Spoonerisms, and maybe it's not a crossover in the usually-accepted sense of the word.  However....Somehow, the Call to go to wizard training never reached Harry Potter.  Somehow, he nonetheless survived the Dursleys and even kept his school record clean enough that he managed to join the RAF.  After living with Vernon, Petunia, and Dudley, there was nothing drill instructors could do to break his spirit.
Now, he's been selected for pilot training -- and he's going to learn to fly an American-built-and-operated plane, as part of a combined special-operations project.  And just in time, too.  Because Lord Voldemort has finally tracked him down, roughly a dozen years after the time covered in the books, and is making plans to attack and kill him.  But "attack and kill" is what Harry's being trained to do best ... and "the power the Dark Lord knows not" is that of 30mm depleted uranium slugs with a muzzle velocity of over 1000 meters per second.
Rather than attacking Hogwarts, Voldy is making the mistake of attacking Warthogs.  Have the guys with mops standing by.
Edited to add title and a clarifying note about the timeline.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
“I am not a whale.”
Moby-Tricky-Dick

“Through Hell's heart, I'll book you for a concert!”
MOBY-Dick
--
Rob Kelk

Just because it is doesn't mean it Should Not Be:
http://www.dorktower.com/2014/09/11/i-r ... -12-09-14/
--
Rob Kelk

Capital pun. Never in my born days has a pun made me want to so vociferously kill someone.
  The Saotome School of Anything-Goes Gadgeteering.  You see, Genma fell into the Pool of Drowned Super-Genius Coyote (very sad story Mr. Customer, involving lifelong vendetta against road runner), instead of Panda.  It's the speaking-in-signs bit that sells the idea, really.  

The results were... well....

Ranma is not entirely convinced, but damn that Acme Catalog comes in handy sometimes, once you figure out how to make Kuno suffer most of what happens when the warranty runs out (Acme warranties last exactly as long as it takes to setup the joke, and no longer).  Nabiki is trying to figure out how to make money re-selling the Acme leftovers.  Kasumi got a new kitchen set from the catalog and it works perfectly for her (why, non one knows), although Akane's kitchen explosions have suddenly become, well, Acme in scale (lots more BLAM, but less actual property damage than Ryouga.  Although from the way it keeps leaving her clothes in tatters, you'd suspect Akamatsu Ken was an Acme stockholder).  Nodoka's been Very Happy since she found the (ahem) "adult" section of the Catalog.

And Genma?  Well... aqua-triggered bipolar disorder?  Aside from gluttony, his two forms share very little.  Coyote-Genma is hyperactive, vengeful, and obsessed with catching and eating a particular bird, no matter how much Kasumi feeds him.  His property damage around Nerima is actually exceeding canon levels for the Wrecking Crew as a whole.  OTOH, no one complains too much, after what happened to Happousai with the Acme Jock-Strap Machine....
K!On and Highschool of the Dead.
Last Gig, or Still Playing?
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions and Log Horizon
What to do when your delusions are now real?
(Meant to post in crossovers that should be)
Dominion (SyFy) and Dominion (Shirow). Holy Tanks!
--
Rob Kelk

Necratoid

Quote:K!On and Highschool of the Dead. Last Gig, or Still Playing?
It starts off with amazing action scene, elaborate costumes, cool sets, and amusing antics... then they introduce a random freshman girl and the zombie fighting retroactively stops existing, much fancy cake is eaten, the weapons sit around collecting dust, and one of the main characters endlessly rolls around being a useless moe blob.
Aria and Oh My Goddess!Because while Akari and Belldandy would no doubt get along just fine, that much positivity and idealism all in one fic would unbalance the cosmos.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Sirrocco

Huh.  There's a challenge.  Try to find two or more honestly positive, idealistic, feel-good universes that can be combined to make something fir for the horror genre or worse, but without adding anything terrible or dark of your own, just from the direct implications of the worlds themselves.  Bonus points for requiring less and less twisty in the crossover to make it work.  Even more bonus points if you can somehow manage it without using "sort of preachy shows that are preaching diametrically opposed ideologies".
Pokemon, and Toriko.  I gotta eat them all?
We've replaced Forrest Gump (from the book and film of the same name) with Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica).  Let's see what happens next...
Quote:Seraviel wrote:
We've decided to replace Contessa, member of Cauldron, with Contessa, member of V.I.L.E. Carmen will be happy, and I don't think that'll make Cauldron any more inefficient.
Eh... Carmen promptly fires her on account of not needing her help? Carmen's someone I'd put odds on against Contessa. 
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
The DC Universe/Axis Powers Hetalia:

Justice League of Nations! France, you will be the invisible guy. Australia, you are the wise-cracking strong man. Mexico, you will be the sultry cat burglar. Places, people, places.
-- Bob
---------
Naruto Uzumaki uses his "sexy no jutsu" form to create and front an all-kunoichi band... and calls it "Hokage Tea Time."
We've crossed "Babylon 5" with Chariots of the Gods. Giorgio Tsoukalos turns out to be a Centauri spy, and is appointed first ambassador to Earth from the Republic. In his first press conference, he says, "I'm not saying I'm an alien, but...."
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13