Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers That Should Not Be 18: You'll have SO MANY CROSSOVERS! 400 CROSSOVERS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I wonder if anyone's done The Gamer/Sword Arts Online yet? Just fiddle the timelines so the day protagonist-whose-name-I-forget tries to take off from RL grinding and play video games is Launch Day for SAO, and he gets swept up in it but still runs on his own game system, complete with being a wizard-type player rather than the melee-only SAO gameplay... possibly converting anyone who parties up with him to that system as usual IRL, as well.

Being SAO is my reason for putting it in Should Not Be, because while there have been good fanfics written in that setting, the common result is much closer to canon.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Going a bit meta here...

If Hybrid Theory had included Fate/Stay Night, would we now be seeing the sequel "Unlimited Blade and Epsilon Works"?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Kyubey visits Gor.
Quote:Jinx999 wrote:
Kyubey visits Gor.
"I wish... that this series had never been written!"
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Quote:Jinx999 wrote:
Kyubey visits Gor.
"I wish... that this series had never been written!"
Who would wish for that? Or for ANYTHING for that matter? All young girls are perfectly content and well adjusted, because their biological urges of being the sex slaves of domineering males are fully satisfied.
We have secretly replaced Kyubey with Bun-Bun.
>Game called on account of Hot Naked Chick!<
I apologize in advance for what I am about to unleash upon you all:

Nanoha Almighty.

Yes, that's right: It's a Lyrical Nanoha/Bruce Almighty crossover.  Does anyone have any ideas as to how this might go?
Either Nanoha learns her definition of "friendship" is at variance with the rest of the known universe's, or the rest of the universe discovers Nanoha's methods work best.

That second option leads to a crossover between '80s-era TV and The Last Starfighter, giving us "a very special Death Blossom"...
--
Rob Kelk

"In 1997, an elite group of students was expelled from Hogwart's Academy and accused of crimes they didn't commit. These children promptly escaped from the Death Eaters and disappeared into the English countryside. Today, still wanted by Lord Voldemort, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Dumbledore's Army."
(I was originally going to go with "the P-Team," but then I realized they already had a name.)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I came up with a similar snowclone, for a different series, a while or two ago:
"A hundred years ago, an elite group of captains and lieutenants of the 13 Court Guard Squads were condemned to death by the Central 46 for hollowfication experiments they didn't commit. These shinigami were rescued from the Underground Council Chamber and promptly escaped to the world of the living. Today, still wanted by the Soul Society, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a Hollow problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the V-Team."

(As any Bleach fan can tell you, that's actually a pretty good canonical description of the Visored.)
Changing genres somewhat:

SE7EN OF N9NE
--
Rob Kelk

In a slightly related crossover inspired by a comment Bluemage made:
"Listen up!  We'ze da Borg.  All yuz grotz iz gunna be assime... assemi... join up.  All yer junk iz ours.  Fighten' back's gud fer a laugh"

Star Trek/40K

-- 
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after 
being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov
At least 10x better than the canon Borg. "Borking it" ala the Swedish chef is a pretty good description of how ork tech works, too, and the Borg at least have the benefit of Nanomachines, Son as an explanation.

Edit to avoid double post:

I was going to draw some parallels, but the pictures really say it all...

[Image: naruto-sasuke-and-sakura-1.jpg]

[Image: sonic__tails_and_amy_by_9029561-d6k7itm.png]

@.@
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
Don't be silly. Princess Sally has nothing in common with Sasuke. Smile
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Hey, look - popular topic! http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=129667
--
Rob Kelk

KellLogo

After sliding to an alternate Earth the SOS-brigade faces some difficult choices. Can they risk their Earth being attack by invading aliens? Should they leave a sister Earth alone in a vicious struggle? Is it right for a high-school club to make decisions that could so drastically affect both realities?

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu/Starship Troopers
Men are not Potatoes.
Thanks to a chemically-induced coma, a Russian princess completely misses the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917 and upon awakening must prove her identity, in Anasthesia.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
... I want to know more.
--
It turns out that while his portrait extended his life greatly, all those times Dorian should have died had broken off pieces of his soul.

Now, having finally shuffled off the mortal coil, Dorian's many ghosts must find a way to reform themselves into one soul or they will spend eternity in limbo, unable to move on.

Will they succeed? find out in 50 Shades of Dorian Gray

Indiana Jones and the Shirley Temple of Doom
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Offered without explanation:
Indiana Jones and the Shirley Temple of Doom
He should know better than to drink in an unfamiliar bar.
-- Bob
---------
For forum members familiar with both American and British sitcoms...

I'm The Alan Partridge Family
-- Bob
---------

The Wanderer

Shikima Heavy Industries.
It’s a teen drama about an idealistic family in a materialistic town ... we think. The writers just can’t nail down the characters.

The OOC
--
Rob Kelk

The Wanderer

Not sure how to even try to meld the two (in terms of a merging, not of "both characters happen to exist and might meet"), but a large fraction of the time when I'm reading an Iron Man fic and encounter a mention of "Rhodey", I have to stop myself from expanding it in a context of Bernie Rhodenbarr.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13