Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking for a fic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Okay, this is driving me nuts, because the recommendation for it was here on the site, but for the life of me I can't find it now, and all I can remember is this:

A short prologue, posted some months back, mentioned here. I know I read it and wanted to see more.

Just a few weeks ago, the first chapter was finally posted, and got a mention here -- and I didn't get a chance to look at it over the holidays, and now I've lost the pointer.

I can't even remember what fandom it's for! Can someone help their senile board admin?

EDIT: Never mind. In the time-honored tradition, as soon as I ask for help I find it on my own. It's Resurrection, an MCU/How To Train Your Dragon crossover.
Okay.  Here's a fucking hilarious one that I don't know if anyone ever recommended here.

A high-level DnD WIZARD winds up in fucking Gensokyo of all places.

And he also happens to have Traveling Luggage from Discworld, just because he's a fucking wizard.

And yes, there was a Gazebo, too.

SHENANIGANS EN-FREAKIN'-SUES!!!

I know it's buried in the archives of one of the -chans, I just don't know where.

The unfortunate thing is, though, was that it was never finished.  Unless someone adopted it...
A Wizard Is You

Quest, goes up to 25 threads. Unfortunately nobody ever collected it in an easy to read format so good luck read through dozens of threads for story posts.

Also, warning, chan posters.
I might make a project out of making it into something presentable.  Eventually.  :V

EDIT: Fortunately, the author used their handle on all their story posts instead of just going with 'Anonymous'.  Moving from post to post is an easy Ctrl-F.

EDIT2:

But GOD some of the commentary is just gold...

Anon Wrote:Oh, for people who aren't familiar with DnD, the MC is fully capable of surviving a pissed off Yuuka. Seriously.

He could also put Mokou down - not kill her, but it's effectively the same thing. Not Kaguya though, because Eirin.

Imagine if Batman decided to become a Wizard. 
That's basically what he can do.
With preparation, he can beat almost anything.

I really want to see him apprentice Marisa...
This one was either a short or a short segment of a compilation, and I'm pretty sure listed under "surprise crossovers" so I'm not having much luck, having forgotten the title and author - though it might not have been BtVS based, I'm pretty sure it was, and was on TtH. Anyway, an old guy shows up at the door of (again, pretty sure) the post-series slayer school/headquarters, saying there's something bad coming and he just knew he had to be there. He's always had a sense for it, you see, back in the army he thought he was just hearing helicopters approaching, but as time went on he's realized there's more to it, and now it's so strong he's afraid something really calamitous is in the wings.
(03-18-2019, 05:14 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: [ -> ]This one was either a short or a short segment of a compilation, and I'm pretty sure listed under "surprise crossovers" so I'm not having much luck, having forgotten the title and author - though it might not have been BtVS based, I'm pretty sure it was, and was on TtH. Anyway, an old guy shows up at the door of (again, pretty sure) the post-series slayer school/headquarters, saying there's something bad coming and he just knew he had to be there. He's always had a sense for it, you see, back in the army he thought he was just hearing helicopters approaching, but as time went on he's realized there's more to it, and now it's so strong he's afraid something really calamitous is in the wings.

Not Buffy.  X-Men.

I Hear the Rotors Still by "Blinky the Tree Frog"
There was a Buffy/MASH cross as well with an older Hawkeye being the Neighbor of a Slayer house and becoming a friend to said Slayers. Radar eventually showed up in that series too, as a seer. Can't recall the author of that one or the title. I think it was a series of Drabbles
Yeah, that's the one. If only there was more of it.

E: The one Norgarth mentions sounds interesting too though.
I'd like to see that one myself. Oh, and I know that somewhere out there there's one that makes Colonel Potter a relative of Harry Potter. I just can't remember anything about it.

Oh and there's one currently going at TTH called "Best Care Anywhere", where the Weasley Twins have a time turner accident and end up back at the 4077th.
(03-19-2019, 07:20 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see that one myself.  Oh, and I know that somewhere out there there's one that makes Colonel Potter a relative of Harry Potter.  I just can't remember anything about it.

The drabble one is "Shoveling" by PaBurke on TtH.
There are actually a few Harry Potter, relative of Col. Potter stories; one is vidicon's "Potter's Clay" which is also on TtH. It's the easiest I can find right now.
Kerrain's BtVS/Charmed/SG-1 crossover also has Nurse Kelly from MASH in it.

Edit: Lord Harry J Potter Meet Col Sherman T Potter
By GenkaiFan. Another Harry is related to Sherman Potter story (Harry gets transported to the 4077 due to a messed up portkey.)
There's a Worm fic I'm pretty sure I read on SB or SV, but I haven't had any luck finding it again. Taylor triggers with the ability to enter other people's dreams, which she mostly uses to help doctors be less stressed out. Then she ends up in one of Vista's dreams and accidentally learns some Wards identities.

... And sadly it doesn't get much further than that, but I'd like to see what is there again.

-Morgan.
(05-02-2019, 11:58 AM)Morganite Wrote: [ -> ]There's a Worm fic I'm pretty sure I read on SB or SV, but I haven't had any luck finding it again. Taylor triggers with the ability to enter other people's dreams, which she mostly uses to help doctors be less stressed out. Then she ends up in one of Vista's dreams and accidentally learns some Wards identities.

... And sadly it doesn't get much further than that, but I'd like to see what is there again.

-Morgan.

I literally just read that within the last week or two. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

Edit: Found it
(05-02-2019, 02:24 PM)NifT Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Found it

Yep, that's it, thank you!

Okay, here's an easy one, because I know the title and where it came from originally -- I'm just looking to see if anyone has a copy of it they'd be willing to share:

A Rose at Hogwarts, originally from the Anime Add-venture. Kodachi Kuno is de-aged down to 11 and goes to Hogwarts.

Did anyone happen to do as I did and save the storyline? I appear to have lost my copy in the thumbdrive crash some years ago that I can't seem to avoid mentioning every few months.

Thanks!
The buttons to just roll out the whole thread don't seem to work, but there is a mirror of the Addventure.
Rose at Hogwarts storyline/thread page is here: http://addventure.cf/thread.php?id=220
I was not aware of this mirror. Thanks!

EDIT: And as it turns out, the actual storyline I'm looking for is A Rose at Hogwarts - Third Year, which begins when you choose to have Kodachi sorted into Slytherin at the end of episode 4160, "The Dementor". Thanks again!
All part of the service Chief!
OK, here's what I remember of a fic.

1) Harry Potter, (almost certainly) not a crossover
2) Harry is fed a potion that turns him into a girl
3) The person responsible for it gets into a massive amount of trouble and may or may not be essentially sentenced to become Harry's slave
4) Gred and Forge fake up having made another batch of the stuff and used it on each other (theirs is just a temporary transformation for funzies)
5) Pretty sure either Molly or Ginny was the potioneer.
Sorry, doesn't ring a bell.
The only thing I've got is Harriet Potter and the Meddling Fates over on AO3 (beta?).

link https://archiveofourown.org/works/159669...s/37241483
(07-25-2019, 06:37 PM)itsune9tl Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I've got is Harriet Potter and the Meddling Fates over on AO3 (beta?).

link https://archiveofourown.org/works/159669...s/37241483

Nope, definitely not it.
And while that search progresses, here's another one I lost in that thumbdrive crash, that I just wanted to cite over on ATT.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer fic; Spike gets a Peggy Sue to the start of season 5 (Glory/Dawn) after (or as part of) getting his soul back. The part of it I remember clearest is Spike going into Buffy's mind when she goes catatonic after losing Dawn to Glory late in season 5, and in there teaming up with his soul (which manifests as William the Poet). At some point Spike quotes Dylan Thomas' "Do Not Go Gently" at William as evidence that there are modern poets who beat out his 19th-century favorites, and at the end of the journey into Buffy's mind one says something along the lines of, "We are leaving our lady waiting" to which the other replies, "We should never leave a lady waiting".

Does that ring any bells for anyone? It was a largish fic, I remember I had it stored as plain text in two or three files 100K or more in length each.
Here Is Gone by Terri Botta is probably the one you're looking for.
That's it. I remembered the wrong Dylan Thomas poem, but that's it. Thank you.
Okay, another request. Not for the fic, specifically, as I know right where to find it, but for a copy in a specific format:

Would anyone happen to know where I can find an HTML or .MOBI copy of John Biles' The Dance of Shiva?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9