Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, here we go again.

I think I had a good interview. I talked to the head of the Office and also another IH. I though I head sirens in the background while we were talking. I was the first one in the interview queue. It was supposed to be an hour and 10 questions, but I don't think we never finished all of them because of the detailed answers I gave. I'm not making plans yet to move to MD, we'll see. They said they'll make their decision in a few weeks.  In the meantime, keep the job search going.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Okay, update...I didn't get the job. However I've got interviews with the VA. We will see how that pans out.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Again, good luck!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

*looks around for 3 leaf clover*
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Gentlemen, it's official. I will be working for a government agency in Washington D.C. Unfortunately it's not going to be with the DOL, but them's the breaks. Start date end of the month. Time to initiate operation "east coast".
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

congrats on the job, even if it's not quite the one you were hoping for. 8)

Congrats, Ord!
-- Bob
---------

Congratulations on the job, and I hope you find lodging that'll let you avoid the horrific Beltway commute.  I had to drive in that mess three or four times, and was very glad that it was only three or four times.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

IIRC, Ord lived in Los Angeles for a while. Hopefully that will help him cope
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

I have to admit, I've driven in both LA and Washington DC -- and I'd rather drive in LA.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
I have to admit, I've driven in both LA and Washington DC -- and I'd rather drive in LA.
I went to D.C last November by car. Yeah, D.C Traffic patterns is not for the uninitiated. OTOH, they haven't started shooting people yet due to road rage.
Quote:IIRC, Ord lived in Los Angeles for a while. Hopefully that will help him cope.
This is my New Years resolution. Find housing that will allow me NOT to drive a car.
This will be a stressful month. But it's worth it.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Well, this is interesting. My current boss didn't want me to leave until 2/28 but my new employer prevailed. Start date is 1/25. In retaliation, she told my supervisor not to approve my terminal leave until she is very certain all my work is done. She loses control over me on 1/24. A certain solicitor freaked out and demanded type all my handwritten notes of the cases she's going to court with.I had to threaten her with a union grievance just to get her to be more reasonable. So I've been working away 12 hours a day since I got back from LA. to make use all my cases are done, my cubicle packed, equipment and badge  turned in . Including this weekend holiday. I should be finished this Sunday. And I am thinking my farewell to everyone at the office is this:

And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:In retaliation, she told my supervisor not to approve my terminal leave until she is very certain all my work is done.
If requested leave is denied, do you get payment in lieu at your standard pay rate for the time? (That's how I read my collective agreement... but yours is probably different.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Leave is denied if the supervisor decides there is a need for the employee for work to be done. The question is the solicitor in question who gave my soon to be ex-boss an opportunity. She can claim that she's only
making sure that the solicitor got she wants. The solicitor agreed with me that what I give on Friday is going to be enough. The possibility that she might decide on next Tuesday that
she wants more is a scenario I want to eliminate. Therefore I am working though the weekend to make sure she gets more than what is agreed. Even if it's against the collective bargaining agreement ( no working on weekends) I will email her the final type notes and cc the union rep , my new employer, my current supervisor and possibly the 11c regional investigator that I had exceeded what we had agreed upon and that I expect her to give notice to all parties to allow my boss to approve my terminal leave.

Because if she doesn't, I will file a union grievance, an 11c complaint and bring in my personal attorney into it. Let's put it this way, the DOL National office is not going to be happy about the whole affair if the solicitor choose the wrong way..
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell