Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next batch of Videos are up!!!

Bob, I feel like I just watched a Geordi LaForge soliloquy. Seriously, both of those videos should be included in the "How to Write Technobabble" lessons.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

What's amazing is if you go to the YouTube page for either of them you'll find so many imitators -- it seems like just about every major company made its own version of the Encabulator video for internal amusement. They all seem to start out with the same couple paragraphs, and then veer off into their own unique spiels.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I think they forgot to frangelate the isolinear converter before they attached the hydromatic turbo to the encabulator...
On another note, more fun with technobabble:
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/noSOF ... n_US&rel=0
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
I just stumbled over this...

-- Bob
---------

-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Ack. Sorry, I didn't expect that video to be so large.
-- Bob
---------

Rendered in Real Time on a PS3:

''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

... wow. that was brilliantly done, if a bit creepy in parts.

Indeed. Almost makes me wish it was part of a game, if not for the sure knowledge that Quantic would screw it up at some point.
Also (spoiler) sure, it was nice of the QA guy to let her live, but when the revolution comes and where all stuck in the mines of Chiron Beta Prime, it'll all be his fault.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

.... Okay, I'm cross-posting this sucker to the Fenspace forum.

Driving an Ambulance in Dublin. Effectively going clear across the city, right through the centre.

Just watched Dartz's find and that better have either'd been a training exercise or a urgent patent transfer, cos looking on google maps they past near a few hospitals on the way to the Beaumont. Other wise wacking on the blues and twos to avoid missing out on lunch or shift change not a good career move.

Ambulances are operated by the Fire Brigade by firefighters and based in fire stations....they aren't tied to hospitals. It was probably needed urgently at Beaumount for some reason, and was the only one on the road, or not on-call.

This is funny.

Very reminiscent of Jon K's work

Darkling pumps his fist in the air when Big Billy Goat does his thing.

I'll just leave this here...

That...was epic. It barely even feels like it was a fan film. Just some amazing CG work.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Matrix Dragon Wrote:
And yeah, this is pretty damn fun, too.

Super Best Friends Forever clip

Had to make a separate post since the forums were being stupid about it.
A new DC movie Trailer: Superman vs The Elite

Oh boy...
Is anyone else getting the vibe of -
The Elite = The Authority?

Logan Darklighter Wrote:Oh boy...
Is anyone else getting the vibe of -
The Elite = The Authority?
Yes. Exactly. The Elite were from an issue of The Adventures of Superman called "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" They are a direct slam of the Authority/Stormwatch and how Image was writing the "edgier, grittier" Justice League expys. The Brit's name is Manchester Black and he's a douche.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

-- Bob
---------