Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Oldie but Goodie
Here's one that is pretty old and hasn't been updated in over a year, but is still worth a read due to the extreme sillyness of the subject matter.
Take a gander at Dark Heart High.
Jervic
Dark Heart High
I actually wrote one of the chapters of that one.
wHILE TRAWLING FF.NET...
I came across thisFast Times At Furinkan High which is a pretty standard DBZ/Ranma crossover. However, its well written for the most part, even if its is terribly cliche in a lot of places. I enjoyed it, anyway.
-------------
Epsilon
Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
An untitled Cardcaptor sakura fanfic which is an entertaining read. I wonder if the writer is actually going anywhere.
Either way, while it doesn't wrap up the story, if the author decided to end it here I would be satisfied.
--------------
Epsilon
the link is non-functional.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
worked for me.
it works for me, probably ff.net funkyness. wait a day for it to propegate to most of their servers/cache.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
What's the name of the author? I can probably find it that way.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Person With Many Aliases, the writer of Teen Titans: Villainy. For some reason, I can't see the story anymore either.
Actually most of the guys stuff is good. He needs a little polish, but is generally good all around.
-----------------
Epsilon
"going native" is supposed to have a new chapter too,
I think something is fubar with ff.nets mirroring system at the moment.
I would say that there is something fubar going on with their servers...all of a sudden the last two days worth of updates are gone or not accessible as of this post including fanfics I read last night...
Including Sinom Bre's latest fanfic Hime.
Of course ffnet is being it's usual nothings wrong self about site issues...
Although looking at their front page I wonder if issue isn't related to this:
January 26th, 2007 -- We have retired europe.fanfiction.net and asia.fanfiction.net links. Now, a single url: www.fanfiction.net, will automatically route our users to the closest server whether that be in Europe or Asia.
I'm in the U.S. so I suspect that the issue is in one their North America servers

WMD
Edit: Arggghhh I should have caught that. Corrected authors name...I'll blame it on my being bilingual and seeing a Sinom bre as Sin Nombre (nameless) or Si Nombre (yes name)...the perils of being bilingual...
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Lathis has posted a sequel to the titans and the lost boy, enjoy.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3462706/1/
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Quote:
Including Sin Nombres latest fanfic Hime.
I think you mean Sinom Bre -- and after reading the extant material, I think this fic has got some serious potential. I'm going to be putting it on my watch list.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Quote:
Lathis has posted a sequel to the titans and the lost boy, enjoy.
The link went dead, then the story was entirely removed from ff.net, all before I got a chance to read it. ;.;
ETA: Never mind, it's back up and accessible. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"Oh, there's crime here. I can smell it."
ffnet issues
Actually ffnet has been acting weird since they did that server redirection upgrade. I suspect that one or more of their mirrors is not updating itself. Or that new redirect to closest server feature is utterly FUBAR...
On one visit I'll get the latest new chapters. On the next all I'll get dates from March 25. And if you try accessing the main index versus the new chapter and stories list...You'll find the latest updates in the main index but not in the New and Updated index...
And when I try accessing some recently fanfics I'll get one of the following Story doesn't exist, no such chapter, or one chapter will load but the another will give me story does not exist . And I get the previous in no particular order that I can see. I really miss the old trick of putting a decimal point in chapter number or story id number to bypass their proxy and get the story from the main server...
Of course ffnet is being it's usual customer friendly self about acknowledging they have a problem....
WMD
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Fusion of Destinies a Harry Potter/Metroid crossover.Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
"Hi, I'm the Overmind. I'm trying to take over the Koprulu Sector and gain psychic power"
"I'm the Hive Mind. I devoured the better part of a galaxy and now I'm gunning for one of the most f-ed up places in all of scifi-dom."
"....oh...."
Heart of Darkness
www.fanfiction.net/s/2369737/1/
A rather welldone AU of the Star Wars universe, centred upon Leia and Darth Vader (is it me or are these more popular since ROTS humanized him?). Some excellent dialogue and the writer has been quite restrained in altLeia's capabilities.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
An Echo of Thunder
www.tthfanfic.org/AuthorS...stsoul.htm
I'd like to reccomend An Echo of Thunder and its sequel which is still in progress.
Its a Xander-centric story which involves Xander becoming an incarnation of Thor from the norse legends... only crossed over eventually with Smallville.
Its a bit hand-wavy in some parts but overall its not a bad read and certainly well written enough to hold interest for a whole day. [Image: smile.gif] _______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja airstrikes
at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
On the other hand, "Earthbound" on the same site (no URL as I'm at work and TTH is banned by the censorware here) is yet another Halloween fic, where Xander dressed up as Clark Kent -- not Superman, but Clark -- and as a result is slowly turning into a Kryptonian. It's far from complete, but it's a good read so far.

-- Bob
---------
Unwilling
A Ranma 1/2 and Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover that deserves mentioning for a fairly original idea of why some "good" groups won't be happy with the activating all the slayers.
----------
www.tthfanfic.org/Story-1...illing.htm
---------
howard melton
God bless
Re: Re:
Secrets: A Father Goose Tale by litmouse.
A Buffy/SG:1 crossover.
Best. Prologue. Ever.
And nothing else, yet...
But yeah, kick-ass prologue.

-- Bob
---------
For those who have not read this before now:
www.maison-otaku.net/~rhe...lhu/Shaggy
I present, a Scooby Doo/Cthulhu Fusion-thingy.
By John Biles.
Re: Naruto
I've seen 1 episode (and that was somewhere in the middle), but I kinda like fic here-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Secrets: A Father Goose Tale
Quote:
And nothing else, yet...
Chapter 1 is up now.