Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naruto fic seed (update 1)
Re: Naruto fic seed - opinions requested
Quote:
*Chuckles* Great! So this is to Naruto, plotwise, what EPU's NXE was was to Evangelion?
*shrug* Well, I like NXE. Obviously, from the 'counter-conspiracy' crack. If you're gonna steal lines...imitation, flattery and all that...
This isn't NXE, though. NXE essentially subverted the Evangelion story to convey a different message from canon. A positive message, instead of the depression and angst pervading all Eva.
Naruto ain't that, though. Naruto, as a series, talks about virtues like self-sacrifice, friendship, teamwork...and dangers as well, such as the tragedy of lusting for power. Those are good themes. Themes I'm deliberately trying to stick to.
I'm retelling the Naruto story in a very different universe, with all sorts of funky background changes. So it's a different tale. Different plot.
But it's the same message.
Why the "counter-conspiracy"? Well, hell, I just love that line. But reference aside...I am building towards a scenario where our heroes are lined up against evil political machinations.
Clearly, with the likes of Danzo, Itachi and Orochimaru working together against the Third Hokage...things are going to build to some kinda epic confrontation.
Mild spoiler, perhaps. But the idea is, there's a coup, and the bad guys win. Orochimaru becomes the Fifth Hokage, and Naruto's pretty much out in the cold.
Except...that's not the end of the story.
-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
Naruto fic seed (update 1) - by Acyl - 10-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Re: Naruto fic seed - opinions requested - by CattyNebulart - 10-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Re: Naruto fic seed - opinions requested - by Acyl - 10-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Perverts - by SkyeFire - 10-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Still going - by SkyeFire - 10-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Re: Still going - by Acyl - 10-27-2006, 04:17 PM