Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Attack of the Martian Death Flu
RE: The Attack of the Martian Death Flu
Yeah, we had a "declining health on account of not following diabetes protocols" example with a friend, he passed away early this year after back surgery that had to be done because he had to get a prosthetic leg and then tried to power through that it didn't fit well (basically, as far as I'm concerned, his unwillingness to go on the diabetic diet is what killed him).

Needless to say, that my numbers were just barely pre-diabetic when I got my bloodwork back in March caused a definite diet shift here for me and my husband; there's no more white sugar in the house, we look at the labels as much as we can (thankfully they're printing the added sugar percentages on things now, OMG you'd be amazed at how easily you can go over the limit with things like prebrewed tea), and other such things. I don't know if it was macking on candy bars the day I went in for that appointment (I had a case of nerves big time, hello hormone therapy!), but I'm hoping it keeps me out of the danger zone for a good long time making those changes, and I'm starting to think I don't want to return to eating like I used to. At minimum, I'd prefer not to pee my kidneys out and wind up on dialysis.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
The Attack of the Martian Death Flu - by Epsilon - 07-10-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: The Attack of the Martian Death Flu - by LynnInDenver - 08-10-2019, 06:03 PM