Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
(12-12-2019, 08:01 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 06:44 AM)GethN7 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 10:03 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 04:55 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: And he's back, and leaped right back into The Sopranos as soon as the lock expired.  I relocked it for a week this time, and posted another message to this new IP.  Tomorrow I start swinging the banhammer.

How many different IPs has this user used, Bob? Do you really have time to play wack-a-mole?

I propose that poor-quality edits from anonymous users be reverted altogether - at least until the poster asks why the edits are consistently being undone. Then we can tell him to read the messages you've already left for him.

I have a different idea, let's establish a new rule.

Anonymous editing is privilege, not a right, and if people abuse the privilege, we reserve the right to force people to make an account to edit.

Miraheze allows us to do this, and given some of our anon editors are good and some are miscreants, this allows us punish the miscreants while minimizing the penalty to legit anons, as we can always re-enable anon edits after the miscreants get the point.

I like that. Not only is it fair, it also has the appearance of being fair. And it reduces the amount of work we need to do (letting us spend that time on other projects such as identifying file licenses or cleaning up old page formatting).

Hoping we don't need to use this, but better to have it and not need it.
  1. Login to the wiki with Bureaucrat rights
  2. Select "Manage this wiki's permissions" from the bureaucrat-only menu
  3. Select group "*" to edit
  4. Remove these rights: createpage , createtalk , edit
  5. Commit the changes
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV - by robkelk - 12-16-2019, 08:03 PM