Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
I have a few disorganized thoughts on the opening/ending thing:

I'm not sure if if I want a combination trope or not.  Normally I don't like combination tropes, but it feels like there's something to the combination.  Possibly it's enough to cross link on relevant trope pages instead.
Endings are always simpler -- openings sell the show and set the mood.  Openings probably get a higher budget
Some animes just do stills for endings.  But these are still more romantic or playful in tone -- possibly as denouement?
Some movies/TV just play music over white on black text.  But it seems like animation always does something more interesting for the credits.  Video games are more likely than not, since the floppy disk era ended.
It's sufficiently omnipresent that when the opposite is true, you really notice.  Take PMMM after episode 3, where the opening seems much lighter than the ending (until at the end, you realize in horror that the trope was being played straight all along)
Possibly it's too omnipresent to note the shows that play it straight
Category:Credits Tropes and Category:Title Sequence may not be the right organization
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV - by Labster - 02-19-2020, 02:20 AM