Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII
#20
(08-15-2020, 07:10 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 02:19 PM)robkelk Wrote: See all the vandalizm on the wiki? No? Good. I've already sent a thank-you to the sysop who caught and undid it.

I've also fully-protected a few templates: header, tropelist, franchisetropes, examples, trope, work, Just for Fun, Useful Notes, Mechanics of Writing, stub, workstub, ...

Since this isn't the first time we've had this sort of vandalism, I propose we set these permissions to Autoconfirmed users only:
  • move: Move pages
  • movefile: Move files
  • move-categorypages: Move category pages
  • move-rootuserpages: Move root user pages
  • move-subpages: Move pages with their subpages
  • reupload: Overwrite existing files
  • reupload-own: Overwrite existing files uploaded by oneself
  • reupload-shared: Override files on the shared media repository locally
  • upload: Upload files

Replies here, please.

EDIT: I've just made those changes on the freebie wiki, except for "upload". (The freebie wiki's all about the pictures and links - can't block those there.) Let's see whether they help mitigate - or block - the next drive-by vandalism of Miraheze.

Well, nobody on the freebie wiki has complained (one non-admin even helped test the changes after I made a public request)... and somebody just made an account at ATT that has a userID that appears to be a random hexadecimal string. Call me paranoid if you want; I just made this change on ATT.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.


Boycotting ALL products from the USA as long as that country's leader continues to lie about my native country.
Government of Canada: How to immigrate to Canada
Government of Canada: Claiming refugee protection (asylum) from within Canada


Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII - by robkelk - 08-20-2020, 08:25 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)