Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoinks, I just spent TWELVE HOURS making a Champions character
Zoinks, I just spent TWELVE HOURS making a Champions character
Tongue 
despite the fact that the likelihood of my ever joining a Champions game asymptotically approaches zero, and a bunch of the powers crammed into the "Mentalist" VPP being pretty likely to catch a NIMGYD if I tried even though it's overall built exactly to the 400pts w/75pts complications HERO 6e superheroic standard. (The Champions Complete version of that, at least, which simplifies telepathy and skills a little.)

(This means of course that I completely failed at the original plan to make one according to the 125cp/-50cp Heroic standard, but I honestly don't see how you could make a caster-archetype on that basis, and I don't have Fantasy HERO or any core book except CC anyway.)

Maybe I'll write "Rule 63 SI" on the "campaign" line before I file it away? Certainly nothing could go wrong with that plan.

Not that there's that much unusual about her besides the various "Yeah, it's got a stop sign but it's so cool" powers, though I did do something a little weird for disposable "shadow clones" entirely unlike the nominal Duplication power in the system - slapped Size Increase and Desolidify together to stand in for a horde of normal-size bodies with one STUN or BODY each from what Size Increase adds and all sharing a mind, that pop as each one takes any damage until the last one left (with the character's normal STUN and BODY) is automatically "the real one."

I pretty much just wanted to gripe, but wouldn't mind talking about this or other people's characters more if anyone wants to. I considered putting this in The Legendary or OPF, but it's tabletop, not computerized, and not really fanfic either since there's no plot, setting, or even characterization beyond a couple of psych lims really, just a collection of powers with a vague blue-haired-space-hottie wrapper and a few standard-issekai-premise assumptions in the very minimal fluff.
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
Zoinks, I just spent TWELVE HOURS making a Champions character - by classicdrogn - 08-23-2020, 07:48 PM