Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage
RE: Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage
(01-14-2021, 05:28 AM)Labster Wrote:
Quote:- Have Mara reveal her undying love for Urd - not sure how she’d react
Sounds like we're trying for a crack fic

Quote:- Watch Nabiki goad Ranma into doing coke (but fail, this is a wholesome fanfiction)
Hey not so literally!

Quote:- Prove once and for all that Ukyo is Best Girl anyway
Wait, this still needs to be proven?  Ucchan is great!

> Ty’rs
typo
> of course it was a convertible, Ranma thought.
I keep seeing the Akio Car in my mind here, especially given the rest of the crazy shit
> In the Greek sense, of course.”
"Wanna French?"
> Huitzchipotli
Huitzilopochtli.  OMG how many people will read that and immediately know it's misspelled; I went way too deep into Aztec stuff for my Aria crossover because I'm also insane.
> few quintillion Yggbucks
Inflation seems to be a problem in the Nine Worlds
> It was once said by great demigod philosopher Eribodi Wang-Chung To’ni’te
+the.  And I wish I had come up with this joke.
> ameuter
amateur
> she brushed her neutron-white hair
I have no idea what this means but I still like it?
> forbidden by shogun in 1745 after Incident Sizeable Narwhal
I assume that was almost as bad as the Spaghetti Incident or even a Helvetica Scenario?

I guess I'll read more chapters tomorrow.

robkelk Wrote:If somebody tells you that you're writing characters out-of-character, then you should listen.
This is soooo not how I'm writing Urd in my story but that's okay cause its funny.  Writing in-character is overrated anyway, right?  I'd say Urd's characterization is consistent enough it works regardless.

Thanks for the feedback, spelling and otherwise.

To your point about Ukyo, then about Urd. Go check out the thread for this puppy on SV and you'd be surprised how many people think that all of the Ranma girls are fundamentally after Ranma for somewhat selfish reasons, ie not appreciating Ranma for who he is or reasonably could be, but an idealized version of him. Ukyo, even, with her very domestic 'settle-down-and-start-a-family-with-my-childhood-bestie' dreams, which apparently Ranma wouldn't go for since he takes his dad's vision of the Wandering Kung Fu Murderhobo so seriously. So then folks say that pretty much any female lead in another more action-oriented show would be a better partner.

I'm not saying I agree with such sentiments. What I am saying is that Ukyo may be Best Girl in my heart, I agree with you there, but it hasn't been proven per se. So much fanon layered on top of the old work like fossilized sediment means anyone can have any opinion about any character. I'm not even sure I want Ukyo to 'win' necessarily, I just want her to be less of a doorstop than 'Shampoo but not insane' destined to hook up with Ryoga for sloppy seconds. Ryoga and Akane actually seems like a sensible pairing because they're so much less tsun-tsun with each other compared to Akane and Ranma. Although the inevitable discovery of the P-Chan secret might render that impossible.

Idea: Ryoga gets contracted with Peorth as the Rose Goddess decides to upstage Urd after some slight she perceives as unforgiveable.

Urd, then - what do you think of Urd? Curious to know how you write her. I think of her as sort of like a cross between Misato and Taiga Fujimura from F/SN. Maybe a little less hardcore than Misato when it comes to real action, not as easily slipping into Badass Combat Mode because she can afford to take combat less seriously, being a literal Goddess and whatnot. She's obviously super insecure about being the half-breed of the Norns - unable to really anchor herself in either world.

Update: I have an idea. I'm not sure if it's a good one but fuck it, that's what asking y'all is for.

So I've got this chapter draft, right. Urd has successfully snatched Ranma - now that I think about it, he goes along with this awfully easy, I kinda gloss over said extraction in the latest chapter - and they're in this penthouse. They've moved in, as it were. But Urd's not paying for the penthouse. Oh no. The one who actually owns these expensive digs in the heart of Tokyo is Peorth.

So Urd and Peorth have a super-powered catfight for a bit. It's all very funny, at least to me. Anyway, Peorth's pissed because it's her place and even if she's mostly residing in Asgard she's not gonna hand it over to Urd of all people. So after a bit of reconciliation - and Peorth meeting Ranma - she decides to make a bet with Urd, since both have so much fun being love goddesses. If Urd / Ranma win, they can keep staying there, if not they leave for someplace seedier. End of chapter so far.

What it comes down to is this: Peorth got a Goddess Hotline call from a girl who asks if she can go on a date with a 'decent human being'. Enter Ranma, the boy now made to fulfill that wish. That girl is Ami Mizuno. Who is still Sailor Mercury. The goddesses have no idea she is thus - and Ami has no real data on goddesses except they run hotlines and sound like unhinged Frenchwomen and threw her new date through her computer screen to make them meet. Ranma has to date Ami for a day or so and get a kiss on her lips by midnight or Peorth boots them all out. Spicy stuff.

So Ami grills Ranma for everything he's got on the divine. Contacts Luna, asks her to keep watch. And yet in spite of this, the date goes - okay. I want to think that Ami's drive to academically succeed is sort of like Ranma's drive to be the Greatest Kung-Fu Hobo Ever. That they could connect somehow. They agree to 'have fun and not dwell on the past' (Ami's Senshi identity, Ranma having multiple fiancees). Something like that.

Which is, of course, when the fiancees, all decked out in mahou shojou attire courtesy of Mara. Okay, so they were supposed to go and take out Urd, but none of the Ranma Liberation Front is going to take this new interloper lying down. And Ami, able to sense dark magic, isn't about to let a bunch of fakes ruin a perfectly nice date. Next Chapter.

Urd fights Mara. Ami and Ranma try to hold off the RLF until the other Senshi show up and wipe the floor with the fake-ass magical girls. Ranma gets to have a badass moment somewhere. Not sure where - maybe after Mara shuts off her magic current to the RLF, he's able to save them from dropping out of the sky? And Peorth and Lind show up after the slugfest to wonder what in the wide wide world of sports is going on here.

Lind sees these reincarnations of the Moon Kingdom - a realm that was 'deterraformed' by the gods during the Neolithic - as a threat out of time and space. Setsuna sees the gods as negligent and sinful, unable and unwilling to stop Metallia and the death of her friends, and the Outer Senshi listen to her more than they do Usagi. Urd decides to get Ranma and the rest out of there before the shooting starts... and then what? Globetrotting adventures? Crossovers with other mid-90's anime? Hell if I know, I just want to make sure that the chemistry between Ami and Ranma is remotely believable.

So. Uh. What do you guys think? Can this work?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage - by STMPD - 01-14-2021, 03:53 PM