RE: I'm back...
09-24-2026, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2026, 08:25 PM by Bob Schroeck.)
09-24-2026, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2026, 08:25 PM by Bob Schroeck.)
Yeah, I can understand that. <grin>
In recent news, Serana got herself cured of Vampirism, I made her a set of amber armor and myself a set of dragonscale, and my Archery has hit 100, as has my Speech. I've "legendaried" my smithing, alchemy and enchanting, and have gotten them back up to 100 again afterwards. My character married Jordis the Sword-Maiden (who seems to think we have a shop somewhere and hands me money every time I see her). I'm starting to think his adopted daughters don't get along as well as they pretend -- I've come across them fighting a couple times now. And I've started playing with a few mods; I built the Lakeview Manor house from the Hearthfire DLC, then found a mod by a fellow named Draco that put up a walled complex around it after one too many giants walked through my front yard. I used a different mod to put a whole village around the Pinewatch house a hundred yards or so from Lakeview, making it feel like it was part of a community rather than someplace on the frontier. I'm not using mods for cheats or shortcuts, but more for atmospheric/roleplaying stuff. Another mod I tried somehow got itself double-installed, and I had to learn a little about the console to clean it up and get rid of a "ghost" quest that couldn't be completed before I finally could uninstall the damned thing. Finally got around to visiting Solstheim, got rid of Miraak, and came back with like ten times as much gold as I went there with. Oh and so far I own five houses -- Lakeview Manor, in Whiterun, Riften, Solitude and Raven Rock -- and I'm thinking of acquiring all the player houses just as a personal quest kind of thing.
Still haven't gotten to Dawnstar yet. I think it's the only city I haven't visited.
In recent news, Serana got herself cured of Vampirism, I made her a set of amber armor and myself a set of dragonscale, and my Archery has hit 100, as has my Speech. I've "legendaried" my smithing, alchemy and enchanting, and have gotten them back up to 100 again afterwards. My character married Jordis the Sword-Maiden (who seems to think we have a shop somewhere and hands me money every time I see her). I'm starting to think his adopted daughters don't get along as well as they pretend -- I've come across them fighting a couple times now. And I've started playing with a few mods; I built the Lakeview Manor house from the Hearthfire DLC, then found a mod by a fellow named Draco that put up a walled complex around it after one too many giants walked through my front yard. I used a different mod to put a whole village around the Pinewatch house a hundred yards or so from Lakeview, making it feel like it was part of a community rather than someplace on the frontier. I'm not using mods for cheats or shortcuts, but more for atmospheric/roleplaying stuff. Another mod I tried somehow got itself double-installed, and I had to learn a little about the console to clean it up and get rid of a "ghost" quest that couldn't be completed before I finally could uninstall the damned thing. Finally got around to visiting Solstheim, got rid of Miraak, and came back with like ten times as much gold as I went there with. Oh and so far I own five houses -- Lakeview Manor, in Whiterun, Riften, Solitude and Raven Rock -- and I'm thinking of acquiring all the player houses just as a personal quest kind of thing.
Still haven't gotten to Dawnstar yet. I think it's the only city I haven't visited.
-- Bob
I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber. I have been
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber. I have been
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

