Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Call for ideas/eventual rough draft] The Jason's Catalog

*chuckles* Some good ideas here, guys. Thanks, I appreciate the input. Keep the ideas coming? You're causing me to generate new ideas just from what
you've put up.

rob - I can try to put in a cable, though the nice thing about the bioluminescent trees was their not needing power/no untangling the lights/etc. Did you want
it for appearance, or some other reason? To be able to plug other things into the tree, maybe?

*grin* And now I have the idea for two strains of Christmas trees without included lights...but that incorporate aluminum into their structure as they grow.
They come in silver and pink, of course - for those who like a bit of retro in their Christmas.

Filter plants for the water is a GOOD idea. It should be possible for one part to take up the organics for easy composting, while another part takes out the
metals. The thought of life support plants also made me think of potted plants you could scatter around a space station. If a leak develops, floating seed pods
are released that are drawn to the leak and break. The sap/resin seals the leak temporarily and is brightly-colored so that repair crews can easily find the
site to fix. And I've already developed Smokers' Friend plants for Wiregeek - things that filter out smoke/pollutants in the air.

Ebony - no problem with the quadrotriticale. Tribble Bread would be amusing. As for plants that grow in regolith and asteroid soil...I've developed mining
plants that can grow directly on asteroids, so it's not a huge step up to that. There are several different agricultural plants that the Jason has
developed that are 'Mars-hardy' for use by the terraformers.

*laughs* I LOVE the idea of real eggplants. Those are definitely a must. The same for the self-popping popcorn, though I'll have to give that one a bit
more thought. I wonder if I can make it produce the kernels in a pod that acts like the old Jiffy-pop containers. As for the bonsai maple - that's actually
a bit small for practical use. I think a combination with a small rubber tree to make something that can produce already-thick maple syrup might work better.
Especially if you can just take a leaf from the tree and drain it for use on your pancakes.

*grins* Thanks again for the ideas. I love them. More are always welcome. [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by kentmagus - 04-30-2008, 12:47 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 04-30-2008, 01:01 AM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 04-30-2008, 05:26 PM
[No subject] - by itsune9tl - 05-01-2008, 01:28 AM
[No subject] - by Feinan - 05-01-2008, 09:06 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-01-2008, 02:06 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-01-2008, 02:15 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
[No subject] - by Feinan - 05-02-2008, 07:25 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 05-19-2008, 06:23 PM