Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doug in BESM 2nd ed., rev.
Re: Doug in BESM 2nd ed., rev.
Quote:
Looks pretty good. I wouldn't say thaumatology ("Magical sciences") was really a big thing in WW -- it's just a big thing to Doug because it was key to both understanding his own metagift and restoring Shadowwalker to normal after the Vampire War.

In that case it could be scaled back to two or three points per level. It still seems to be fairly useful, so I don't think I'ld cut it down to one.
Quote:
What's a level-2 AI, which you've given the motorcycle?

AI level 1 is a remote control, level 2 gives it some very simple decision making ability. It was capable of driving itself off through ADP lines at one point, so I think it's reasonable. Level 3 is where you start getting something with body and soul stats.
Quote:
Archery among Doug's skills?

In the EVA teasers he mentions being trained in just about every kind of weapon. I was just going down the list of combat skills. Although I seem to have missed Heavy Weapons somehow, and it does seem more likely that he'd have that.
Doug's your character so what ever you want to do with his representations is fine with me. I think I should work out armour and damage values for his polykev and the polykev knuckles in his gloves. Maybe I ought to up the armour in his helmet too. 10 points will stop most hand guns, but not heavier weapons.
Firvulag
--
With a Dremel tool and a cut-off wheel, _everything_ takes a flat-blade
screwdriver.
-- Matt Roberds in the Monastery

Messages In This Thread
Doug in BESM 2nd ed., rev. - by Firvulag - 04-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Re: Doug in BESM 2nd ed., rev. - by Bob Schroeck - 04-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Re: Doug in BESM 2nd ed., rev. - by Firvulag - 04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Re: Doug in BESM 2nd ed., rev. - by Drenivian - 04-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Re: Doug in BESM 2nd ed., rev. - by Bob Schroeck - 04-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Some revisions - by Firvulag - 04-06-2005, 05:27 AM