Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under the radar noticing
Under the radar noticing
So, I just started reading this(years behind the curve, that's me. =P), but I figured I should finally get around to it. I mean, I have it on several
reliable sources that it's good, no?

Anyway, while reading this and discussing BGC in general with Spud(2032, 2040, Crash, and all the rest in this particular), I noticed something that made me
double take:

Quote: "Dis is shit," Roy spat. "I'm in da band because we's good,

dammit, we's good. We's good enough ta get rich doin' dis

shit, and we'd be goin' sum'ere and gettin' rich if she would

let us! Why? She coulda gone solo t'ree years ago! Dat agent

dumped us and almost made her an idol singer! But she came back

to da Reps! Why?"

Now, I'm fond of a certain villain by the name of Largo, but I'd gotten the heads up that
he wasn't part of this. No big deal, Quincy and Madigan are underutilized anyway. However, the boy is a plot tumor if you just try to ignore him.

However, for those few...."privileged" people that
got to see or heard of Bubblegum Crash, thereupon Largo made his expected comeback(what, you thought Leon's
handgun could take him out? Not a chance) and was promptly reduced to vapor in the final battle with Sylia. End of story. Another plot point introduced in
Crash is that of Priss's travails with her agent, who's trying to make her an idol singer. It doesn't
work out, obviously. The rest of Crash's....quality...is up for debate, but there were some good points, and the
above portion of dialogue could(assuming it's intentional) reference the work, eliminate Largo satisfactorily without leaving gaping plot holes, and do
it all without breaking out the exposition monologue. All in all, very, very slick.

Or it could be a total accident, in which case, hey, serendipity. =D
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Messages In This Thread
Under the radar noticing - by OpMegs - 10-09-2008, 02:15 AM
[No subject] - by Star Ranger4 - 10-09-2008, 08:17 AM
[No subject] - by OpMegs - 10-09-2008, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
[No subject] - by Logan Darklighter - 10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 10-10-2008, 04:23 AM
[No subject] - by OpMegs - 06-12-2009, 03:45 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 06-12-2009, 07:02 PM