Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIII
(02-21-2019, 12:27 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: On a happier topic, I'm starting the write-up for "Horrendous Home Remedy" and I'm soliciting examples.  It's one of those things I know I've Seen A Million Times, but for the life of me nothing comes to mind when I try to think of cases to document.  Searching through It Tastes Like Feet gave me a couple possible leads, but since that trope focuses on just the taste and not the composition of the cure, they're not very helpful.

I've put a copy of the incipient page up in my sandbox if anyone wants to look at how I defined it and add anything -- or you could just post a note here and I'll do the adding.

Either way, thanks.

You can easily say: "Just about every hangover cure in all of mass media."

But for a specific example, the hangover cure made in the surfer comedy movie, Back to the Beach.  What's even more amazing is that he actually drinks that mess!  And even more so, IT ACTUALLY WORKS!  Not IRL...  I seriously doubt anyone's tried it, but people are strange...

EDIT: Another example I just thought of: In the Utawarerumono animation, Oborou comes to Elelu seeking a hangover cure (after a night of Debauchery with Dori and Gura). She makes it and it's what you'd expect from an herbalist - green and pungent. When Oborou complains, Elelu says that her sister, Araru, will refuse to take medicine unless it's sweetened with some honey, so Elelu does this with the hangover cure.... Which somehow makes it worse, turning it to purple and giving it an evil odor that Elelu somehow does not notice at all!

EDIT2: Oh, that's right. You already have Hideous Hangover Cure as a subtrope to this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIII - by Black Aeronaut - 02-21-2019, 03:54 PM