Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
Okay, we'll just have to see where things go from here on that front.

On a different topic entirely, in the wake of what seems to be an end-of-year rush by spammers to fulfill all their obligations, I'd like to suggest a new policy for the wiki, to be linked off the Terms of Service page. We can thrash out the exact language later, if the idea passes, but basically, it would be an advertising policy -- in short, we announce that we charge an exorbitant rate per unit time (minute, hour?) that an unsolicited advertisement exists on the site, payable by the entity on whose behalf the ad is placed, and that any third party placing such an ad is considered an authorized agent who can enter into such an agreement on behalf of that entity, which they do by placing an unsolicited ad on our site. This agreement can be modified simply by contacting us, and failure to do so constitutes a legal contract, and failure to pay can be pursued in the appropriate civil court.

The idea is to set the "exorbitant rate" such that in most if not all cases the amount due can be sued for in small claims court, for which many districts now offer online or other long-distance filing, and which will rule for the plaintiff if the defendant doesn't show.

Thoughts?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV - by Bob Schroeck - 12-30-2019, 09:27 AM