Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII
(11-05-2020, 01:33 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:48 AM)robkelk Wrote: Regarding this, see here.

I'm not getting the banhammer out just yet because this is partly a clash of Academic Freedoms, but I've got out the metaphorical key to the cupboard where we keep the banhammer...

Shifting topics. The work in this analysis is obvious. What's the trope?

Not sure on the second topic, but my take on the first, as the resident "Trump sympathizer who nonetheless can put his bias on the shelf".

Honestly, I do agree with Norm the page on Trump is leaking venom in places, but at the same time, apologism in the other direction is no better. I'd be in favor of a temporary locking of the page until this election situation is resolved because passions are HEATED right now, on both sides, might be wise to choke off the gas valve on another potential fire before it erupts.

(11-05-2020, 04:44 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Agreed. Lock the page and tell Norm "thanks, but we changed our minds, maybe in six months".

After mentioning Academic Freedom on the Talk page as an answer to a request to cut off debate, I'm not sure whether I'm happy about this... but I see the necessity. "Six-month lock" it is.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII - by robkelk - 11-05-2020, 07:20 PM