Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(08-26-2020, 11:51 PM)Labster Wrote: The Republican convention had Gavin Newsom's ex-wife Kimberly Guilfoyle give a speech at high volume, saying what a terrible job Gavin is doing as Governor of California.  We've turned into a state of crime, heroin needles on the streets, and rolling blackouts.

The next day, when I was out walking my dog, I noticed something else in the gutter: a paperback copy of a Robert Jordan book.  The Republicans don't even know how bad we have it here.

I never followed up on the GOP convention until now. But her full-volume speech was emblematic of the whole convention, where no party platform was adopted aside from assent to the Presidential family's prerogative.  Trump claimed he would protect us from the dangers the Democrats would bring, in front of a packed crowd of untested, unmasked, adoring supporters and superspreaders.  It was, in short, a tale told by an idiot: full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Labster Wrote:So, let's see what the Republicans give us this week. Or, let's not see. We can hit Trump where it really hurts him: the ratings.

We did it, everyone!  Of particular note to me is that VP candidate Kamala Harris not only trounced her counterpart, but that she nearly had the same ratings as Trump himself.  To me that answers the question of whether the vice presidential pick matters.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by Labster - 08-29-2020, 02:51 PM