Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(11-08-2020, 06:24 AM)hazard Wrote: Regarding Trump being a egomaniacal douche.

That, for me, is inherently a disqualifying trait for leadership, and especially high level leadership. The way Trump has been reacting to minorities or even political opponents with violence and brutality first, foremost, forever, and only shows why. He isn't sending officers of the peace to restore order and enforce the law, he's sending occupying forces to stomp out dissent and who cares who dies.

I don't like Trump's politics, and I probably won't like Biden's politics either much like how I didn't like Obama's. But their politics can be worked with, whereas whenever Trump gets involved every plan falls apart, including the plans of his own administration.

I'd like to point out a bit of historical irony.

Trump was a former Democrat. Traditionally, Democrats have had a history of being brutal to opponents and minorities, such as:

Andrew Jackson: Trail of Tears, anyone? Was willing to defy Congress and the Supreme Court due to his own ego issues.
Andrew Johnson: Southern sympathizer who tried to ruin Reconstruction for black people.
Woodrow Wilson: Notorious bigot who was unironically racist to anyone who was not white. Egomaniacal about how he thought he knew best for the world to the point even many fellow Democrats had issues with him.
FDR: Japanese internment.

And Biden was VP during Obama, who drone struck a lot of people and that "kids in cages" crap people try to pin on Trump started under Obama.

Republicans might get a lot of crap for the same (Bush Jr and his numerous wars, anyone?), but just wanted to point out the other side has some heinous acts of cruelty notched on their belt too. Whether Biden proves better or worse as a head of state in his own right we have yet to see.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by GethN7 - 11-08-2020, 08:10 AM