Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage
RE: Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage
(01-12-2021, 12:47 AM)STMPD Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 10:24 PM)itsune9tl Wrote: Actually, K1 is the God of High Performance Small Motor Vehicle Builds.  If the Displacement of the motor is 1.5 litres or smaller he can Design and build a High performance vehicle with it to your Stated rules.  This covers everything from 10cc pocket bikes, and powered luge-boards up to 2 person Mini's. He can assist with builds and do maintenance with larger engines. 

With Belldandy in Corner, he drives like the Japanese version of the Stig.

...I honestly wanted to have him and Skuld build the Highway Star as a Bubblegum Crisis gag? Which is a pretty big rig? But that could work. Maybe once he explains that to Sayoko she finally snaps?

“I want you, O divine Craftsman, to build me the chariots of the gods - as affordable commercial vehicles, bending the very structure of matter to your will. I’ll harvest your secrets from that pipsqueak little brain of yours and build a factory of perfect assemblers! Soon, the Mishima Corporation will be praised for literally divine craftsmanship! We’ll become the Rolls-Royce of the mid-range market! Then, I’ll have you build tanks! Planes! Trains! Automotive masterpieces with machine brains that will take over not just Japan - not just Asia - but the whole world! All mine, mine, mine! OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOO - why are you laughing like that?”

“Lady, I’m the god of Japanese-engineered custom-built high performance small motor vehicles. I spend most of my time helping Yamaha engineers who died from Karoshi find peace before they ascend into the afterlife. Like, if you want your robot army to ride very high-performance mopeds, each custom-built from hand-milled parts, we could do that, but I think it would take some time, ‘cause you can’t really automate that kind of magic... I mean, if additive manufacturing were further along down here I’d be happy to help with that, but that’s gonna take some major processing power breakthroughs on the computer end, and I never did learn how to do circuitry at NIT. Huh, I mean Vespa made those pretty cool anti-tank mopeds for French paratroopers back in the fifties, but those were just carriers for recoilless rifles, you couldn’t really mount one on a mobile vehicle short of some serious - uh, Sayoko? You good?”

*High-pitched screaming*

(I’m not making the anti tank Vespa thing up, either. Saw it on Tumblr.)

Anyway! Next couple of chapters are gonna be Urd interviewing Ranma’s suitors one by one. I’m midway through the Shampoo conversation, and it’s weirdly heavy stuff. Let Shampoo not talk in Engrish but in her native dialect and the sort of ‘sexy stupid china girl’ thing drops away to reveal a very, very driven woman who can’t bring herself to kill the other girls she regards as sort-of friends, but wants to follow the law of the Amazons and get Ranma all the same. It was one of those things where I surprised myself at how much I felt like the character ought to be rendered in such-and-such a way.

After that - eh. We’ll see. I have a lot of detrius opinions about the Ranma cast floating around in my head from all that brain-rotting fanfiction. I think something interesting will come up.

The thing is K1 is capable of working with Skuld. Like I said he can assist with larger builds. A lot of things transfer over, Lighting, break lines, how to tweak suspensions, install a blower on an existing engine. But if you want a Large engine Supercar, he needs to call in his friend from the Motor club. and they tend to get insane on their builds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage - by itsune9tl - 01-12-2021, 02:11 PM