Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage
RE: Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage
> Taoists ... way back in the Neolithic.
Causality.exe has had a segmentation fault.  Abort, Retry, Ignore?
> “Skanks,” Urd said. “Buncha crazy skanks.”
Skanks for the memories.
> from her halbred
Halberd.  Or halbard.  There are a few spellings but that's not one of them.
> She beeped the trunk
She what the what?
> aple bosom
ample.  Or this is Mara, maybe you want "sufficient" or just "flat".
> Slut-witch bad. Me good. Me help. We help. We hurt slut-witch bad with big punch. Many excite!
Very planning, many cunning, wow!
> Otherwise I’ll call in a Valkyrie blue-ops squad to skystrike your neighborhood.
Just be glad it isn't a pink-ops squad, if you know what I mean.
>  Kuno Clan Executive Decision Making Center OF WOE
> a long obsidian conference table
I feel like this scene will end with the sung words "... signed Bad Horse."
> than Vigilante's Run got in 3-ish years
You forgot to include a hyperlink there.  Don't forget to like and subscribe!
> She sipped her wine - wasn’t she underage anyway - and revealed
This is really a quibble but you really need the question mark there, which means you probably need to use the parentheses form rather than the dashes.  I think.  I have my job title set as "programmarian" on Slack but the "program" part is much more dominant.
> The slight smell of time on her dark skin.
He can smell that over the booze?
> “ Tabernac! ”
First: Tabarnac (or Tabarnak) (no 'e').  Second, is this because she's French Canadian, or because she's a goddess?
> A flaneur !
If you're gonna use the italics, you should use flâneur.

Honestly, the fiancees as the Evil League of Evil was pretty funny, and I did like it.  It even seems plausible in canon, provided that by then end of the next chapter or two of manga, everything would go back to normal.  I think it's more that in comparison to everyone else in Ranma, the harem seems no better or worse than anyone else.  It's not just the girls, Ranma is codependent too!  And he schemes and takes advantage of people too.  But the overall morality of the cast is very low, which is part of what makes it funny -- anything bad that happens to these people, they all kind of deserve it.

Shadowjack's interpretations are not bad, but not quite canon either.  Honestly all of the senshi are plausible pairings, at least as far as every one of them is a better person than the Ranma fiancees.  (Except the Amazoness Quartet, while they're still on the dark side.)  Rei's value is passion; she could match Ranma in force of personality and tell him when to calm down.  Would be a fiery relationship, but fun.  Ami seems a little too doormat-ish to be with Ranma, and I feel like the relationship could have nearly the same failure modes as with Akane -- people not speaking their true feelings causing problems.  But as I said, in terms of training/studying intensity, she matches him well, and of course the ability to summon water adds hilarity!  That last bit alone might be worth it.  Makoto is also a fine choice, since she's a little softer in personality than Rei, but also values strength and martial arts.  Minako seems like the biggest stretch, but she does like her boys cute.

It honestly comes down to what you want to do.  Opposites attract, but sames also attract.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranma / Ah My Goddess! Crossover: Divine Patronage - by Labster - 01-18-2021, 06:06 AM