Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanfic Recommendations: The Next Generation
RE: Fanfic Recommendations: The Next Generation
Black Hole Heart is the first new Naruto fic I've found readable in years, with the premise being a Sakura who doesn't suck because the Inner Sakura joke the fandom makes so much of is actually the Venom symbiote (likely based on the 2018 movie version, but adapted to fit the setting anyway) has been passed down through her maternal line as a sort of faux bloodline limit technique.

Note that it is still Venom, so there's some very casually treated cannibalism going on, but I'm pretty sure I put more actual gore into my own Naruto fic while filing it under "canon-typical violence" in my mind. The characters do tend to feel like older teens rather than twelve year olds, but that too is typical of Naruto in text form, so, whatever. Just a warning for anyone who really doesn't want to deal with that kind of thing, as part of my ongoing "don't be an asshole" campaign. It's a work in progress.

AO3 index link

Alas, it seems to have run into that fanfic meta-trope of the author getting distracted by something shiny and new, posting one more chapter after a couple of years and promising to finish it with another update "soon," and then dead-ending, but what is there is fun and it manages to be a decent stopping point even if it is open ended due to the lack of a wrap-up chapter or two. Possibly better than even many professional works end up being when they do have that wrap-up, Vision of Escaflowne and the Harry Potter crapilogue springing immediately to mind.
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fanfic Recommendations: The Next Generation - by classicdrogn - 12-26-2023, 07:56 PM