Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song of the Day, 8 September 2005
How about Baked Alaska?
Can never get enough Iced Earth. Their last album, The Glorious Burden, is a pretty good until the last three songs.
Then it gets downright awesome. The Gettysburg Trilogy Jon Schaffer wrote is incredible, worth the price of the entire album.
I need to get the tribute album (the cover of Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" is amazing) and the Alive in Athens special edition live album. Those and the one based on Spawn.
If you like Iced Earth, have you listened to Demons & Wizards? It's a collaboration between Jon Schaffer and Hansi Kursch of Blind Guardian, with Hansi handling vocals and Jon handling guitars and basses (I can't remember who the drummer was). Their first album is one of my favorites among my large metal collection and their second is just as good, though it doesn't quite have the same impact as the first. There are some AMV.org links up at the top of this thread. And if you like D&W, go on to Blind Guardian. You won't regret it.

Messages In This Thread
Wow, this list was longer than I expected... - by HoagieOfDoom - 09-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Re: Wow, this list was longer than I expected... - by HoagieOfDoom - 09-14-2005, 06:58 PM
...and longer, and longer, and longer... - by HoagieOfDoom - 09-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Re: ...and longer, and longer, and longer... - by HoagieOfDoom - 09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
How about Baked Alaska? - by HoagieOfDoom - 09-15-2005, 08:07 PM