Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Klein bottle?

Quote:If you can't contribute without blowing the curve, then I am certain that Rob and Fnord would not mind if you started your own little group utilizing the Fenspace model.
Actually, I'm somewhat sympathetic to what kentmagus is trying to do here. I came in later than the rest of the old-timers - I was the first of the second wave of writers - and had to fight tooth and nail to get away with things like equipment with non-obvious 'wave quirks, mastery of gravtech, androids with personalities true to their source material, and a character who wasn't struggling to make ends meet. And I still had to retcon in a visit from Doug Sangnoir (after such a visit was suggested by somebody else) to justify the mastery of gravtech.

However, none of those things breaks anybody else's characters or plotlines... which is the concept that kentmagus seems to have the most trouble with. In a multi-creator environment like Fenspace, cool ideas need to be okayed by the other creators before they're implemented. He doesn't always do that, and that's where my sympathetic feelings end.

(Mind you, if kentmagus does start a Fenspace 2.0 with what Fenspace 1.0 would call over-the-top metapowers, I want in. Not with Noah Scott and his "angels", but with a technomage based on Honami Ambler from Rental Magica...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Messages In This Thread
Klein bottle? - by kentmagus - 04-26-2009, 01:18 AM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 04-26-2009, 01:23 AM
[No subject] - by kentmagus - 04-26-2009, 04:06 AM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 04-26-2009, 04:55 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 04-26-2009, 09:34 AM